Forums
Posted By: Alonso Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 27th Apr 2012 11:04pm
My jallopy is due its MOT in May. I'm not expecting it to be passed if it doesn't comply with legal requirements, but i would like to find a testing station which won't try and kid me that I need to spend hundreds on it in order to get it through its MOT if it's not really necessary, so I'd much appreciate hearing from anybody who has experience of decent guys in the business who operate on the Wirral. Anywhere within a 3 mile radius of Upton will suffice.
Cheers all.
Posted By: turnip Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 27th Apr 2012 11:23pm
I use upland garage on manor drive. They're really good and honest and won't mess you around. They don't do welding as far as I know but give e a shout if you need anything welding and my dad will be able to do it for a fairly low cost.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 28th Apr 2012 12:09am
Cheers! Believe it or not I used to take my cars there when it was run by a guy called Alex back in the 1960s. I'd forgotten about them...didn't think it would be in business anymore. I think we are all looking for honest mechanics. I'm much obliged and will certainly give them a whirl. Welding? I might just need that doing too. Thanks again for your help.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 28th Apr 2012 12:18am
ill second uplands and its also very near to yourself too grin

ask to speak to neil one of the testers and tell him jed told you to cring car !!

he,s a nice friendly honest guy and wont ever try and kid you , only downside is he is a vw enthusiast hahahahha ..

always take my cars there as i know they never take the micky but also give it a strict looking over too
Posted By: carbooter Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 28th Apr 2012 7:09am
the most honest mot station on the wirral and best mechanics are at MIKE HURST SEABANK ROAD NEW BRIGHTON
Posted By: Clive Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 28th Apr 2012 7:48am
Originally Posted by carbooter
the most honest mot station on the wirral and best mechanics are at MIKE HURST SEABANK ROAD NEW BRIGHTON
here here, 100% agree
Posted By: Alonso Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 28th Apr 2012 8:09am
Thanks, well worth remembering. I just want to put it someewhere a short bus ride away thanks...and with recommended people. Much obliged to all who have replied.
Posted By: janjan Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 28th Apr 2012 9:40am
I've been going to Heswall Tyre and Test for years1 wouldn't take my car anywhere else. The mech/mot tester is Paul..superb mechanic and WILL NOT RIP YOU OFF.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 28th Apr 2012 11:56am

Really?

Never trust an MOT station that works on cars, if anyone wants a legitimate MOT test pm me.
My guy does not work on cars and if it fails will not charge you a retest fee.

MOT's are £30
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 28th Apr 2012 1:36pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Really?

Never trust an MOT station that works on cars, if anyone wants a legitimate MOT test pm me.
My guy does not work on cars and if it fails will not charge you a retest fee.

MOT's are £30
He charged me £35 Ste,but maybe that's because I'm ugly.If it's the same one on OGR that is.
Posted By: bazzoh Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 28th Apr 2012 10:45pm
ste's contact is great!
charged me £30 - very honest and a nice guy!
Posted By: Kev222 Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 29th Apr 2012 8:24am
I would recommend anyone except Walsh's on Cleveland street. They recently failed my car for having seatbelts that didn't work. Turns out the part that you clip into was stuck down the back seat. Apparently they dont pick them out incase they get pricked by a needle. Also failed for a couple of other very minor things but they charged me for a 30 second retest too! I told them that I'd been taking my three cars there for 8 years and the woman on the desk just shrugged.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 29th Apr 2012 8:32am
i used the one on seaview rd liscard, for couple of years, until i bought a lwb transit, they were always good.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Decent and reliable MOT stations . - 29th Apr 2012 10:01am
Originally Posted by eggandchips
i used the one on seaview rd liscard, for couple of years, until i bought a lwb transit, they were always good.
Top bloke Les, although i don't use them anymore.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral