Forums
Posted By: louise127 What car - 8th Mar 2012 7:38pm
hi all wicks
Im thinking of buying a new car, I currently have a megane, been a dream of a motor for the past 5 years, but Ive decided to get a smaller car, been looking at options, so far I like the Yaris, Clio and corsa all diesel, anyone got any opinions on what small diesel to buy, oh yes it has to be black 2007+ pref
Posted By: Jinxi Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 7:44pm
I love my citroen c 3 . Feels much bigger than it looks ! X
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 7:50pm
A friend of mine has the C2 diesel,again big on the inside and £35 a year to tax..tempted myself but at some point Im getting a small camper ;-))
Posted By: Chorizo Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 8:25pm
I personally would recommend the yaris or a vw polo. Toyota yaris is pretty indestructible and very economical and being Japanese it will hold its value also they are a lot quicker than you would think.

And the polo is simply a vw and you can't go wrong with them!

Source? Former Toyota technician
Posted By: Fireblade Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 8:53pm
Corsa 1400 SE, 2 Door,Nuff Sed ,;-))
Posted By: ASE71 Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 8:55pm
I haven't Driven many small cars but I suppose it all Depends on how much you want to spend. I was loaned an Audi A3 last week by the dealer and I loved it....but I'm sure its a polo chassis so that may just drive as nice.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 8:59pm
lmao just get a ka
Posted By: Chorizo Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 9:57pm
Surely you mean a golf chasis?
Posted By: j_demo Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 10:07pm
fiat 500 are GREAT little cars
Posted By: ASE71 Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 10:23pm
Originally Posted by Chorizo
Surely you mean a golf chasis?

Sorry I was loaned the Dinky Audi the A1 ....... got mixed up.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 10:34pm
Skoda Fabia, got one, nice cars, love the mpg on it, better than a hybrid:D
Posted By: lau2908 Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 10:55pm
Dont get a clio they are pretty crap and tend to go wrong, even if its just something little tends to happen alot. I have had 4 clios, 1st a 1.4 then a 1.6 then a 2.0 182 then the same but a different colour and i found them all to be pretty naff in regards to things going wrong.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: What car - 8th Mar 2012 11:13pm
You cant go wrong with something Japanise or German.

As already mentioned, I think Id sway towards a Yaris...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: What car - 9th Mar 2012 2:16am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
You cant go wrong with something Japanise

Provided you don't give two flying hoots about safety grin
Posted By: StuyMac Re: What car - 9th Mar 2012 8:14am
The little Jap eco wagons dont go fast enough to need to be safe raftl

In all fairness though, the 2006-2011 Yaris scores very highly in crash tests...

Originally Posted by Parkers
With a five-star Euro NCAP crash test rating and a long list of safety features, the Yaris leads the pack in the safety stakes. In addition to an impressive crash test score, there's emergency brake assist, which applies extra braking in severe situations, ABS and electronic brakeforce distribution on all cars. Entry level T2 models have dual front airbags, while T3 (later TR) models have front side curtain airbags and - a first for this size of car - a driver's knee bag.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral