Forums
Posted By: j_demo indicators - 27th Feb 2012 7:40am
no i'm not trying to be controversial or anything here, nor do i intend to be discriminative to certain types of motorist. BUT:
to all BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar and Range Rover (sport) drivers out there, you are aware that your vehicle has indicators right???

i have a car license however i don't have a car, i travel by bike and on foot, and occasionally use public transport, however in riding my bike on the road i've noticed that there's certain motorists out there in certain cars who forget that indicators exist, or in these slightly more expensive cars are indicators an optional extra that they just can't afford???

enlighten me!

i have no idea how many times i've had arguments with bmw drivers in particular who almost take me out when i'm on my bike because they neglect to indicate.

it's getting ridiculous now, it's not as if they own the road, everyone pays for that piece of paper in the corner of the window ie a tax disc so why should they think they're better than everyone??

not so much a rant, though it kind of was, but has anyone else noticed that certain drivers in certain cars just can't be bothered using indicators or anything else in the highway code for that matter.
Posted By: rollermax Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 8:06am
as a matter of interest, do you stop at red lights when on your bike or do you go through as though you are an emergency service? Just wondering as it seems to be a rarity ...agreed re the indicators though
Posted By: Clive Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 8:12am
Originally Posted by jawide
no i'm not trying to be controversial or anything here, nor do i intend to be discriminative to certain types of motorist. BUT:
to all BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar and Range Rover (sport) drivers out there, you are aware that your vehicle has indicators right???

i have a car license however i don't have a car, i travel by bike and on foot, and occasionally use public transport, however in riding my bike on the road i've noticed that there's certain motorists out there in certain cars who forget that indicators exist, or in these slightly more expensive cars are indicators an optional extra that they just can't afford???

enlighten me!

i have no idea how many times i've had arguments with bmw drivers in particular who almost take me out when i'm on my bike because they neglect to indicate.

it's getting ridiculous now, it's not as if they own the road, everyone pays for that piece of paper in the corner of the window ie a tax disc so why should they think they're better than everyone??

not so much a rant, though it kind of was, but has anyone else noticed that certain drivers in certain cars just can't be bothered using indicators or anything else in the highway code for that matter.
This reall annoys me aswell, espically when you pull up behind some one at the lights, and they only then decide when lights change to put indicator on.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 10:34am
Its unfortunate that the minority tar the majority with the same brush....

Ive found some busses adopt the methology of signal, manoeuvre, mirror, and some cyclists just manoeuvre...

Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 11:02am
I drive an Audi and I use my indicators.

I hate these non car owners who ride their bicycles and use buses, who always moan about the selfish drivers when they're riding in the middle of the road (which they don't pay tax for)

I think basically you're talking through your arse, it doesn't matter what car they drive, some people just don't use their indicators. You may notice this if you drove
Posted By: Chorizo Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 11:18am
Originally Posted by Wiggi77

I hate these non car owners who ride their bicycles and use buses, who always moan about the selfish drivers when they're riding in the middle of the road (which they don't pay tax for)

I think basically you're talking through your arse, it doesn't matter what car they drive, some people just don't use their indicators. You may notice this if you drove

withthat
Posted By: Touchstone Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 6:18pm

Most of the funding for roads comes out of general taxation, which we all pay, not Road Tax. I'm a regular motorist but I recognise that motorists are by far the most selfish, aggressive and dangerous of road users. Not all of us, but a significant majority.

I'd like to see police stop and fine a lot more drivers for not using their indicators.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 8:06pm
Originally Posted by jawide

i love it when 'people' use the classic "i'm not 'blah' but"
you can almost feel the iq level drop when you read the rest of the statement.

i drive a jag and do indicate but now as you have already judged my driving without even knowing me every time i see a bike on the road now i'll cut it up and make sure i don't indicate, after all i might as well do what i'm getting accused of wink
Posted By: Touchstone Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 8:42pm
My previous post should have said significant minority, not significant majority.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 9:06pm
you forgot to mention taxi drivers...by far the worst for not using indicators....imo....
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 9:08pm
bus drivers

bloody bin wagons that have hazard lights flashing and pull out whilst using them !
Posted By: AX_125 Re: indicators - 27th Feb 2012 9:15pm
And women drivers, whose bright idea was it to let them out the kitchen. ;-)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: indicators - 5th Mar 2012 5:27pm

withthat

Sounds like you have an issue with prestige car owners to me jawwide, biggest load of crap i have ever heard.

i drive a variety of cars be it a micra or a BMW i`ll drive them the same way.

I however do use my indicators, i also look out for cyclists and motorbikes as i have been in that position myself.

I used to ride a mountain bike everywhere or my little speedfight 2 lol, then the motorcar took hold.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: indicators - 5th Mar 2012 6:06pm
I do think there is something in the old adage that certain types of cars attract certain types of drivers. You do regularly see "expected driving standards" from certain types of cars. I have a terrible opinion of Mondeo drivers, every other one seems to drive like a tit, I call them Ferrari Mondeo's lol.

But it is unfair to tar everyone with the same brush without giving them an even chance first.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral