Forums
Posted By: Clive Tap and die - 16th Feb 2012 11:46pm
A while ago one of my anti roll bar bolts snapped in hole when i was trying to tighten it up, but the other one tightened up good, and passed mot, todat the bracket snapped and car is clunking and not save to drive, is any one any good with a drill and tap and die kit to get it out for me, if so how much. thanks.

needs doing asap
Posted By: surykata Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 12:28am
Hi willo cannot help, but do you mean screw extractors as tap & dies make threads,hope you get it sorted.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 12:39am
He would need the tap and die kit to create a new thread after drilling out the old bolt.
Posted By: surykata Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 12:50am
Screw extractors can remove the broken bolt when sheared off last resort then use drill,tap and die.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 12:53am
can have a look for you but wont be till monday.
Posted By: Clive Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 8:12am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
can have a look for you but wont be till monday.
I have got it booked into madd motors as mot on monday
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 9:05am
Originally Posted by Willo
todat the bracket snapped and car is clunking and not save to drive,

The car is perfectly safe to drive, some cars dont even have anti roll bars fitted. Your just going to get extra roll in corners wink

By all means get if fixed as it will need it for the MOT (though before the new rules, you could have just removed it to get a pass) but you can still drive the car smile
Posted By: Clive Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 9:08am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Originally Posted by Willo
todat the bracket snapped and car is clunking and not save to drive,

The car is perfectly safe to drive, some cars dont even have anti roll bars fitted. Your just going to get extra roll in corners wink

By all means get if fixed as it will need it for the MOT (though before the new rules, you could have just removed it to get a pass) but you can still drive the car smile
I carnt drive this one with the noise it makes when i go over the slightest bump
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 9:13am
it's only clunking, it might sound like it's going to fall apart but it wont.
Posted By: Clive Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 9:17am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
it's only clunking, it might sound like it's going to fall apart but it wont.
It's going in garage this morning, to see if they can get snapped bolt out, then its of to mike hurst for new roll bar bushes
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Tap and die - 17th Feb 2012 1:21pm
Sorry to derail but "Tap & Die" sounds like some of the birds down Birkenhead.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tap and die - 24th Feb 2012 11:34pm
is there anyway you could weld it up maybe or access the part the bolt goes in from inside the car ???

only ask as you could grind it off and reweld a matching nut back inside the car and voila , job done ??

although i realise this maybe impossible ??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral