Forums
Posted By: mrhanky near miss today - 6th Feb 2012 4:53pm
had the jag in for mot today, not that i drive like a hooligan, was just testing the brakes and front hose split and lost all the brakes thumbsdown

have never heard of a goodridge hose going before.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: near miss today - 6th Feb 2012 4:58pm
There's always a first time. Got the good news today that my Insurance has cleared to fix my gear box, phew! utter relief. I was getting a bit despondent.
Posted By: dan0h Re: near miss today - 8th Feb 2012 8:44pm
I've had a genuine Aeroquip hose fail with age, though it was on a racer. The Aluminum of the fitting had reacted with the steel over-braid on the hose and electrolytic corrosion had set into it. Its worth remembering that Aeroquip/Goodridge is just aviation hydraulic hose and not specific to brake system, and as such has a life expectancy smile

Most brake applications are now recommended as stainless steel fittings with teflon inner, I've just done a set on the old Suzuki and went all stainless. Well recommended, its a modular hose system, nice to work with.
Posted By: Clive Re: near miss today - 9th Feb 2012 6:28am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
had the jag in for mot today, not that i drive like a hooligan, was just testing the brakes and front hose split and lost all the brakes thumbsdown

have never heard of a goodridge hose going before.
I just bought new braided brake lines for my car, after my rubber ones blew a hole, just to cold to fit them now, i think i will wait till summer
© Wirral-Wikiwirral