Forums
Posted By: Clive Car tow Truck - 19th Jan 2012 3:47pm
Am the winning bidder on ebay for a car, if i do win it.
does any one have the number to someone with tow truck that could pick it up for me from Liverpool, it's got mot but no tax
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car tow Truck - 19th Jan 2012 4:06pm
Does it run?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Car tow Truck - 19th Jan 2012 4:58pm
Don't you have to declare a SORN if not taxed or is it ok to be towed but even then there are strange rules about where it is kept without tax. Sorry I don't know anyone with a tow truck which is what you really want to know.
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Car tow Truck - 19th Jan 2012 5:28pm
Go on Shipley I think it's called and they all bid for the job otherwise someone on here might have trade plates and could pick it up that way
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Car tow Truck - 19th Jan 2012 5:53pm
peter hutch 07831 471724
tell him i gave you his number
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car tow Truck - 19th Jan 2012 6:32pm
Give big cos a call tell him jase pasted number on to you wink 07976 366084

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/users/35/bigcos.html
Posted By: delta6 Re: Car tow Truck - 20th Jan 2012 8:10am
keep it cheap in birkenhead.
ask for dale - 07815 745324
tell him lee gave you the number
Posted By: paulieg Re: Car tow Truck - 20th Jan 2012 8:11am
Ive used Dinkys a few times they been reliable and the cheapest 07872 181471
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Car tow Truck - 20th Jan 2012 8:23am
I've used bigcos before
Posted By: Clive Re: Car tow Truck - 20th Jan 2012 8:41am
Thanks every one, yes it does run.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Car tow Truck - 21st Jan 2012 7:00pm
Dinkys defo, I used to have his recovery truck wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car tow Truck - 21st Jan 2012 10:17pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
peter hutch 07831 471724

Willow this is the guy from my yard, I can sort it for you, he won't bash your car either and will be there on time unlike most others.

Failing that I'll bring it back for you for a fee wink
Posted By: hoseman Re: Car tow Truck - 22nd Jan 2012 7:36pm
Pete Hutch (Mr midnight Recovery!!)
I work on his recovery trucks and he looks after them as he does the customers cars. Cheap, reliable and a damn decent bloke!!
Posted By: Clive Re: Car tow Truck - 24th Jan 2012 9:46am
i lost the one on ebay, but am in talks with someone on wirral who has a fiat punto that wont start, so i want to buy it, it has mot but no tak, is there a legal way i could get this to my house, could some one with trade plates be towed init
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car tow Truck - 24th Jan 2012 9:53am
Originally Posted by Willo
i lost the one on ebay, but am in talks with someone on wirral who has a fiat punto that wont start, so i want to buy it, it has mot but no tak, is there a legal way i could get this to my house, could some one with trade plates be towed init

Any trader will tell you it is illegal for any motor trader to "borrow" thier trade plates out.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car tow Truck - 24th Jan 2012 9:56am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Any trader will tell you it is illegal for any motor trader to "borrow" thier trade plates out.

Willo it`s the insurance the police are more worried about, i`ve bought cars and drove them with no tax "to get them back" and have been stopped a few times.

If you explain politely that you have just bought the car and have a reciept as proof the police are alright as long as you have insurance.
Posted By: Clive Re: Car tow Truck - 24th Jan 2012 10:22am
i am going to view it at 2pm mk2 fiat punto 16v, i dont want to drive it with no tax, i wont chance it, i only need to move it from moreton cross to new brighton then am going to strip the car, and scrap shell,
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car tow Truck - 24th Jan 2012 10:31am
i am going to view it at 2pm mk2 fiat punto 16v, i dont want to drive it with no tax, i wont chance it, i only need to move it from moreton cross to new brighton then am going to strip the car, and scrap shell,

Are you still looking for a good shell?
Posted By: Clive Re: Car tow Truck - 24th Jan 2012 10:33am
I just want to buy one that i can strip everything off it and put parts in shed so i have lots of spares, this one in moreton is a sport model so will have good interiour
Posted By: Clive Re: Car tow Truck - 24th Jan 2012 4:13pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
peter hutch 07831 471724
thanks mrhanky, car is now where i want it, all beit no tax, so got to get insurance sorted to tax it.
dont surpose any one has one of the machines you plug in, and it constantley feeds power to car, to turn it over with out fear of battery going dead, that i could borrow so i can try to work out what is stopping it from starting.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Car tow Truck - 24th Jan 2012 6:41pm
you can come and grab mine tomorrow.
Posted By: Clive Re: Car tow Truck - 24th Jan 2012 6:48pm
thanks but am selling car i can not afford the insurance tesco donot do multi car and i have no where to strip it for parts
© Wirral-Wikiwirral