Forums
Posted By: mrhanky speed cameras/police outside schools? - 11th Nov 2011 3:08pm
as there have been a couple of posts about speeding lately
and it's something i always raise, has anyone ever seen plod with a speed camera outside a school? let alone 'policing' the parking on zig zags.

surely 35 in a 30 on a dual carriageway although speeding is a lot safer than 30 in a 30 past a school at start/end of the day.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: speed cameras/police outside schools? - 11th Nov 2011 6:07pm
It's an interesting point, but the law is the law wherever and someonre who is likely to break the law where it is "safe" is likely to break it anywhere?

Just a thought, I am not saying I have never speeded, but I have never speeded past a school, so if you're plod you will never catch me there.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: speed cameras/police outside schools? - 11th Nov 2011 6:27pm
They put them where the limit is most inappropriately low because they are the most profitable places to put them. You would find them on roads through housing estates and around schools if safety really was the priority but despite what the mouth breathers believe, most people are sensible so they will not make much money at all.

Originally Posted by Capt_America
someone who is likely to break the law where it is "safe" is likely to break it anywhere?

Sorry but I can't even begin to work out the logic behind that.

I never 'speed' through the local estate or residential streets where it is unsafe but do I stick to a regimental 40 on fender lane or the tunnel approach road?, do I heck. And that does not mean I drive like Schumacher either before I get accused of being a maniac.
Posted By: DickyJim Re: speed cameras/police outside schools? - 11th Nov 2011 6:33pm
I make my own limits. Can do 70 on the 50 stretch t the tunnel, maybe 80 who nose but al do 20 past caldy school when am going to my girlfriends even tho its a 30.
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: speed cameras/police outside schools? - 11th Nov 2011 7:18pm
Originally Posted by DickyJim
I make my own limits. Can do 70 on the 50 stretch t the tunnel, maybe 80 who nose but al do 20 past caldy school when am going to my girlfriends even tho its a 30.

no, not Xbox! We're talking real cars wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral