Forums
Posted By: Clive Brake Pads - 30th Oct 2011 6:56pm
Where can I buy good quality brake pads and best brand to go for, not ones that wear down in a few months.

I replaced brakes on my car front and back in March this year, and there is nowt left of them.

Mk2 Fiat Punto 1.2 8v 2001
Posted By: AlexB Re: Brake Pads - 30th Oct 2011 7:50pm
You need to slow down!

I use EBC Red Stuff. I like them.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Brake Pads - 30th Oct 2011 7:51pm
Depends what you want to get, not worth spending out for the high performance stuff on a 1.2, then again be careful of the cheap stuff on eBay.

I use J&M Speed on Bedford Road (645 0881) they tend to keep a large stock and the prices are quite good as well.
Posted By: Clive Re: Brake Pads - 30th Oct 2011 7:55pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Depends what you want to get, not worth spending out for the high performance stuff on a 1.2, then again be careful of the cheap stuff on eBay.

I use J&M Speed on Bedford Road (645 0881) they tend to keep a large stock and the prices are quite good as well.
Am not after high performance, just ones that will last longer tham 8 months.
I got them from lvw cleverland street, even the back ones have worn to nothing. i hat going in j&m speed, the attitude of the staff stinks lol
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Brake Pads - 30th Oct 2011 8:04pm
I find j&m speed a bit vague sometimes but they are good on price and have only made one small mistake with one of my orders. Overall I highly recommend them.

If your front and back brakes are wearing at nearly the same rate, there must be something wrong. The back brakes are probably binding. Coppergrease all the moving bits (apart from cylinders and linings).
Posted By: TheDr Re: Brake Pads - 30th Oct 2011 8:10pm
Originally Posted by Willo
i hat going in j&m speed, the attitude of the staff stinks lol

I've always had a laugh with them whenever I go in, there used to be a young lad in there who was a bit of a tool, but everyone else seems fine, and if you get Jackie talking about rock bands or the last gig you went to you'll never get out.
Posted By: Clive Re: Brake Pads - 30th Oct 2011 8:16pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I find j&m speed a bit vague sometimes but they are good on price and have only made one small mistake with one of my orders. Overall I highly recommend them.

If your front and back brakes are wearing at nearly the same rate, there must be something wrong. The back brakes are probably binding. Coppergrease all the moving bits (apart from cylinders and linings).
I think i need new rear brake back plates, as they are rusted up bad, and allso stopping the self adjusters working.
But even ebay dont have the back plates for my car, lvw dont, and j&m speed dont
Posted By: Lisk090 Re: Brake Pads - 6th Nov 2011 10:40am
What make brake pads did you buy? LVW normally sell mintex brakes ( good quality ) unless you ask for cheap ons, then you get what you pay for.
pagid from euro car parts are good but expensive!
Hope thus helps.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral