Forums
Posted By: Clive Exhaust repair - 15th Oct 2011 4:24pm
Is there any way to repair the flexi piece on an exhaust, see bit marked in yellow. Mine is blowing.

Attached picture exh.jpg
Posted By: brianc2 Re: Exhaust repair - 15th Oct 2011 7:30pm
buy a new flexi section, cut out the old and weld in the new smile
only way really, or if its just to get through mot, smother it with exhaust putty so its sealed, wont last but it should get you through lol
Posted By: Lisk090 Re: Exhaust repair - 15th Oct 2011 7:42pm
Can't be repaired. ive seen ppl replace it with a solid section but its designed to flex with the engine.
What cars it off?
Posted By: Lisk090 Re: Exhaust repair - 15th Oct 2011 7:43pm
Originally Posted by Lisk090
What cars it off?

Punto??
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Exhaust repair - 15th Oct 2011 8:10pm
Scrap the car but keep the damaged bit, mount it in a frame and sell it as "Art", then use the proceeds to purchase a Rolls Royce...........................................................

Or you could go to Callows in New Ferry, they repair exhausts or can even scratch build them.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Exhaust repair - 15th Oct 2011 8:22pm
Looks like a Punto 1.2, if it is new section should cost you about £20 - £25, easier and far more permanent than slonking it up.
Posted By: Clive Re: Exhaust repair - 15th Oct 2011 8:47pm
I'll go to callows on Monday
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Exhaust repair - 15th Oct 2011 10:00pm
Silver tape will secure it for an MOT - before the heat gets to it.

Failing that, you either need to relace the flexi by cutting / welding a new one in (new section will be about £15 plus fitting), or, replace the section of the exhaust - either new or find a good used one off a breaker.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Exhaust repair - 16th Oct 2011 3:28am
Mad. I didn't read the 1st post lol
Posted By: Clive Re: Exhaust repair - 17th Oct 2011 7:53am
I just bought middle section pipe for £22 from LVW on Cleverland Street, now comes the hard part, as I can not undo the 2 nuts on the join, as socket just keeps slipping, so I may have to get angle grinder out.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral