Forums
Posted By: neilmcc help with chips on car bodywork - 12th Oct 2011 8:00pm
the coucil have replaced the roof next door and have covered my fiesta xr2 mk2 in tile dust and a large amount of stones and wood that has hit it. They have agreed to valet the outside of the car to asses the damage. My question is if they offer to use a chip repair company to repair the damage as i have already found 11 fresh chips will this be good as new or can you tell that the chips have been repaired or do i need to go down the line of having the affected panels resprayed, just want to get my facts straight before i have the meeting with them

cheers neil
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: help with chips on car bodywork - 12th Oct 2011 8:39pm
I imagine it depends on the age of the car, especially if you can't prove its condition beforehand.

Try Citizens Advice if you want to find out what is realistic.
Posted By: neilmcc Re: help with chips on car bodywork - 12th Oct 2011 8:40pm
condition before can be proved as i have photos of it as its a 25 yr old car that i have been bringing up to show standard
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: help with chips on car bodywork - 12th Oct 2011 8:40pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I imagine it depends on the age of the car, especially if you can't prove its condition beforehand.

Try Citizens Advice if you want to find out what is realistic.
raftl
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: help with chips on car bodywork - 12th Oct 2011 8:46pm
Difficult one, hope it gets sorted.
Posted By: neilmcc Re: help with chips on car bodywork - 12th Oct 2011 8:50pm
so do i i told them before they carry out any work to cover the car which they ignored then i contacted them which they tried to fob me off and then i got wirral partnership homes involved and thinks have started moving and i got told that they came the other day on my drive and filmed the car all the way around it without my permission so will see what happens they where getting it cleaned last monday but it got cancelled due to the rain so just waiting for a dry day for it to be done
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: help with chips on car bodywork - 12th Oct 2011 9:05pm
If you told them that in advance then that certainly goes in your favour.

At the end of the day, they can probably just shrug their shoulders and tell you to take it up with the contractors that did the roof.

Unfortunately roofing contractors aren't the easiest of people to sort out as I've found out on a number of occasions.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: help with chips on car bodywork - 12th Oct 2011 9:07pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
If you told them that in advance then that certainly goes in your favour.

At the end of the day, they can probably just shrug their shoulders and tell you to take it up with the contractors that did the roof.

Unfortunately roofing contractors aren't the easiest of people to sort out as I've found out on a number of occasions.
think
Posted By: neilmcc Re: help with chips on car bodywork - 14th Oct 2011 11:40pm
you where right the roofing contractors ignored me and then told me there was no damage on my car so i went direct to the council and they are sorting it hopefully we will see i wont stop until its sorted as i have all the photographic evidence and you can tell that they are all fresh chips and not old ones. the roofing contractors paid for the car to be cleaned on the outside and then another contractor got more dust on the car today and tried to jet wash it off so i didnt know which has resulted in the nicely cleaned car being turned back into a dirty car again its not good they had done this without even knocking for permission so have photographs of this as well i think its just time to keep getting evidence so i have a good case if i have to take it to a solicitor.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral