Forums
Posted By: Clive Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 19th Sep 2011 6:03pm
Time has come for my punto to go, i am sick of it now,
which scrap yard is paying the most
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 19th Sep 2011 7:02pm
You mad?
Money you've spent on this!
What's wrong with it mate?
Posted By: Clive Re: Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 19th Sep 2011 7:18pm
I put a brand new lower arm on near/side £40
5 months later the rubber is split, so that is now 2 new lower arms i need, and no doubt they will be split again within a few months.
went to replace off/side drive shaft again, and i can not get the end of it out of the gear box.
I have off/side lower arm off now and the drive shaft out but the gear box end is stuck in.
Its costing me a fortune, if i carry on, i would of replaced every part of this car with brand new parts.
If the lower arm rubbers keep spliting at this rate it will be £80 every few months, I dread adding up what this car has cost me upto now.
Its pushed me to advertise my laptop for sale.
the lower arm's brand new

they should be a warranty claim
Posted By: Clive Re: Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 19th Sep 2011 8:01pm
It was bought from borough salvage on borough rd, I have lost receipt.
Secondhand parts not worth it, prob same price for new lower arms, only ickle on puntos, as for driveshaft pop it down to me I'll get it out for free smile
Posted By: Clive Re: Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 19th Sep 2011 8:19pm
the drive shaft was brand new not second hand.
Chris I carnt get car to you the off side lower arm is off and no drive shaft on off side. and its on axle stands.
thanks for the offer tho.
Driveshafts can be troublesome to get out, although I've never had one stuck in the gearbox. Just use a drift and a hammer to remove it.

Motorfactor wishbones/bushes will never be as good as genuine ones, the rubber is really poor quality.
Posted By: Clive Re: Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 19th Sep 2011 9:09pm
will try tomorrow morning to get it out gearbox, with a fookin big hammer lol as kimpri1 suggested.
Then its on to smelly public transport to get 2 new lower arms, then thats it then, no more money is getting spent on this car.
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 19th Sep 2011 10:59pm
willo if you want ill go grab the parts you need just ask free all day tomorrow
Posted By: Clive Re: Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 19th Sep 2011 11:21pm
Originally Posted by sean99789
thanks, i will let you know.
Just keep at it Willo, it's easy to think it's got something against you (it's just a piece of metal).
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 20th Sep 2011 12:18pm
Originally Posted by Willo
Originally Posted by sean99789
thanks, i will let you know.

no probs hate seeing people struggle

Posted By: Clive Re: Which scrap yard is paying the most for cars - 20th Sep 2011 4:20pm
Just finished it now, what a pain changing lower arms. Next time i will take it to a garage.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral