Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Insurance & MID - 25th Aug 2011 10:27am
Does anyone else have problems with their brokers?.

Last thursday i took a car off the database and wanted one adding yet today when i checked the one i took off was still on and the one i wanted on wasn`t on.
So i rang my company direct myself and told them what had happened and they put it on right away and removed the other one.
This is not good, especially now that there is a fine if you do not sorn a car that is not insured. I insure all my cars even if i`m not using them.
Fuming, had this trouble with the same brokers 2 years ago, thought they would of booked their ideas up.
My insurance company have now told me to just ring them direct from now on.
If i were to get fined or have a car taken from me due to the brokers mistake i bet they wouldn`t refund the cash wasted on fines/retrieving vehicle back!
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Insurance & MID - 25th Aug 2011 10:33am
Human error? It's not good when the police officer won't take any excuse whatsoever and will just have the car taken away by RNW.

Askmid isn't a totally reliable source.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Insurance & MID - 25th Aug 2011 11:16am
i had my rangey on my traders policy, for 18 months they couldn't manage to get the reg number correct!!

the interesting thing though is through all that time i only got stopped by the police twice, so much for anpr wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Insurance & MID - 25th Aug 2011 12:05pm
MID is anything but reliable.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Insurance & MID - 25th Aug 2011 1:10pm
MID is very reliable, its all down to what is added / removed by the insurers wink
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Insurance & MID - 25th Aug 2011 1:16pm
My mate had a car when anpr first came out and was stopped everytime the jaguar went past him and his was Down to one digit being wrong luckily then never impounded the car and even stood there while he rang insurance to have it checked and amended which they never did I've heard it can take up to two weeks for it to appear on mid site though and the car systems need to be updated too ?
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Insurance & MID - 25th Aug 2011 2:15pm
Request the police phone the insurance company if it's insured, they usually will anyway.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral