Forums
Posted By: Maisie MOT - 22nd Aug 2011 7:15am
Hi everyone, my car is due for it's MOT at the end of the week. Can anyone recommend somewhere that's does cheap MOT's please?

Posted By: Anonymous Re: MOT - 22nd Aug 2011 7:24am
There's loads of places about, I use Toronto Garage on Tarran Way, Moreton.

Or if I'm desperate then do the drive through at Walsh Autos - but I can't remember who's the cheapest. It's all much of a muchness to be honest.
Posted By: history Re: MOT - 22nd Aug 2011 7:28am
VILLAGE MOTORS ..£27.00 Did mine 2 weeks ago and got a pass. Behind Lidl, wallasey village, Yeehaa.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: MOT - 22nd Aug 2011 8:01am
I tend to use my boyfriends garage at sms business park dock road,there lovley lads in there,always happy to help,carnt remember how much.
Posted By: history Re: MOT - 22nd Aug 2011 8:40am
Maybe you could try this..

"Regular MOTs are a must for any vehicle. Yet as their max cost is fixed at £54.85 for cars, it's not the test fee but repairing the fails that makes the biggest dent.

If you've had problems with Del Boy dealerships in the past, little-known council run MOT centres don't do repairs so there's no vested interest to fail you.

The UK council MOTs list includes over 100 test centres to give your vehicle the best chance of passing. Thousands report a massive difference; here's one MoneySaver's story:

My usual garage said to make it pass its MOT, repairs would cost almost £1,000. Following the article, I took it to the council test centre instead and it passed without any work needed."

Not tried it myself, courtesy of "www.moneysavingexpert.com"
Posted By: Snorlax Re: MOT - 22nd Aug 2011 4:17pm
Originally Posted by history
VILLAGE MOTORS ..£27.00 Did mine 2 weeks ago and got a pass. Behind Lidl, wallasey village, Yeehaa.

I can also recommend Village Motors. They are pretty honest about what doesn't need doing.
Posted By: Maisie Re: MOT - 23rd Aug 2011 11:40am
Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I will look into all your suggestions.

Posted By: TudorBlue Re: MOT - 26th Aug 2011 2:23pm
Got my car booked in at Village Motors in Cross lane. Only £27 for an mot. Not bad that. Just need to get it serviced first
© Wirral-Wikiwirral