Forums
Posted By: mrhanky new toy - 22nd Jul 2011 8:28pm
not got it yet, but off to londinium first thing in the morning to pick it up...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: new toy - 22nd Jul 2011 8:35pm
OMG how lovely is that!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: new toy - 22nd Jul 2011 8:39pm
Very nice sir!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: new toy - 22nd Jul 2011 8:50pm
cheers, should be a fun drive bringing it back.
not that i'm going to test the speed limiter of course wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: new toy - 22nd Jul 2011 11:30pm
Lovely, just out of interest how much are these going for?
Posted By: mrhanky Re: new toy - 23rd Jul 2011 12:03am
fingers crossed i'm going to pick it up for no more than £3,500, it's a 2000, full history and one previous owner. not long had over £2,000 spent on discs and pads!!

have seen them go for just under £3,000 but they tend to have had quite a few owners.

think it had every option available when it was new, 18" wheels, brembo brakes, sunroof etc...

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: new toy - 23rd Jul 2011 12:19am
Good that its had the brakes done, commonest MOT failure for these except for tyres. Other common fails are lights and suspension. Check its level and give each corner a damper check.

SOURCE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: new toy - 23rd Jul 2011 12:48am
Wafty wafty wafty wafty!!

Brillant!

Great choice, enjoy!!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: new toy - 23rd Jul 2011 6:29pm
well that was a fun drive home wink the maf needs a clean but other than that it's fun!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: new toy - 23rd Jul 2011 6:57pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
well that was a fun drive home wink the maf needs a clean but other than that it's fun!!
great, I tried to clean the maf on my Volvo s60 but with no results.
A new one costs £259 for a Bosch unit or £45 for a cheaper make? Might be worth you buying a new one buddy, you certainly have picked a nice car happy
Posted By: TheDr Re: new toy - 23rd Jul 2011 7:24pm
I sprayed my MAF with carb cleaner, let it soak, then started the car up and did the same again, sorted the problem out for me.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: new toy - 23rd Jul 2011 7:25pm
have heard they clean up well and give a decent improvement. fingers crossed that's all it needs anyway wink
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: new toy - 12th Aug 2011 10:34pm
[Linked Image]

What about this for a car bonnet.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: new toy - 13th Aug 2011 8:19pm
i'll pass on that one wink
Posted By: johncon Re: new toy - 13th Aug 2011 8:28pm
Is it an R of a v8 I had a 98 v8 sport loved it but it was a bit of a money pit
joyride
Posted By: mrhanky Re: new toy - 13th Aug 2011 9:29pm
yup, it's the v8.

got my air leaks sorted and it's running as it should, getting the bottom supercharge pulley changed next week, waiting for peco to give me a shout so it can go in for an exhaust, hopefully manifolds as well and then have a bit more of a play with it and get it up to around the 500bhp mark smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: new toy - 14th Aug 2011 9:38am
Hate to lash over your bonfire bud but I think 500bhp is abit adventures given that this only produces 420bhp. Lovely motor though bud smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-56-J...t=Automobiles_UK&hash=item45fc4e0b5b
Posted By: mrhanky Re: new toy - 15th Aug 2011 4:50pm
in theory 500 isn't too hard to achieve. think for the late 4.0 they quote 390 as standard. main figure i'm interested in though is the torque, although standard is quoted as 390 lb/ft, looking to get this up to around the 500 mark as well.

bigger bottom super charger pulley, smaller top supercharger pulley, decent exhaust, free flow cats, cooler stat, bit of work on the charger and sort the charge cooling out should see it to near as damn it 500.

am just waiting to get it looked at t see about getting some tubular exhaust manifolds made.

could always just bite the bullet and get a twin screw for it wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: new toy - 15th Aug 2011 5:15pm
Have a word with stuymac, he knows a lot when it comes to squeasing bhp/torque fom a turbo/charged block smile but your are going down the right roads!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: new toy - 15th Aug 2011 10:57pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
yup, it's the v8.

got my air leaks sorted and it's running as it should, getting the bottom supercharge pulley changed next week, waiting for peco to give me a shout so it can go in for an exhaust, hopefully manifolds as well and then have a bit more of a play with it and get it up to around the 500bhp mark smile

Nice to see someone else on the mod scene mate, happy

I've decided to keep the Saab now and shall be modding that, I'll get a thread up as soon as I start modding it, should be taxing it this week.

If your after a garage, ours shall be up for rent in 5 weeks as we are moving into my bosses lockup as it's bigger.

smile
Posted By: mrhanky Re: new toy - 15th Aug 2011 11:25pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

If your after a garage, ours shall be up for rent in 5 weeks as we are moving into my bosses lockup as it's bigger.

smile

need to look for a smaller place, mine is about 4,500 sq ft, have got to pull my finger out wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral