Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Ants all over the car....? - 30th Jun 2011 8:13am
Over the past few weeks Ive noticed a lot of ants on the exterior of the beemer.

They dont appear to be inside the car, but they are crawling all over the outside. You can see them gathering round the drain holes at the bottom of the screen, and you see them coming and going in and out of the side skirts on the sills.

I keep the car clean and washed, and Im sure there is no sticky sugar delights anywhere.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the little blighters. I think it will need something external on the car, as I dont think something inside will do anything as they dont appear to be able to get beyond the door seals.... think
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ants all over the car....? - 30th Jun 2011 8:15am
Put ant killer down chew, either that or stop jizzing over your cars all of the time, they love that sweet smell!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Ants all over the car....? - 30th Jun 2011 8:17am
get the nippon gel poison , stick a drop at the base of each wheel when you park it up overnight wink they will concentrate on eating that and not climbing on the car !
Posted By: DavidB Re: Ants all over the car....? - 30th Jun 2011 8:19pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
stop jizzing over your cars all of the time, they love that sweet smell!

raftl

Carnauba car wax is organic, maybe they can 'smell' the organicness in the wax residue and foolishly retrieve it?
Or just make sure you wipe the jizz off after you're done.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Ants all over the car....? - 2nd Jul 2011 7:23pm
Well, I got some Nippon gel and put a few dots of it here and there on the car, and the ants are loving it!!!

Lets hope they take it back to where ever they have come from, and it kills all the little blighters!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Ants all over the car....? - 4th Jul 2011 7:18am
its great stuff stuymac, they love it as its sweet to them. Keep applying it for a few days and you should be rid of them
© Wirral-Wikiwirral