Forums
Posted By: Brocks Three weeks old and.... - 23rd Jun 2011 3:15pm
Some colleagues just spotted a pratt reverse his Zaferia into my car in the works car park, Stop think for a moment, then drive off! mad

Been given a partial number and been on to security. Theres no damage but a simple courtesy to check wouldn't have gone a miss.....

Driver will be getting a surprise tomorrow! noonoo
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Three weeks old and.... - 23rd Jun 2011 3:50pm
Sickening but all too common. I hope you catch up with them.
Posted By: Brocks Re: Three weeks old and.... - 23rd Jun 2011 8:06pm
Oh he's mine already.....sent him an email asking for a comment...

Cleaned the car tonight and the bumper is creased....best get the structure beneath checked. frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Three weeks old and.... - 23rd Jun 2011 8:40pm
CCTV?
Posted By: Brocks Re: Three weeks old and.... - 23rd Jun 2011 9:31pm
Yup, And Witnesses
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Three weeks old and.... - 23rd Jun 2011 9:35pm
You can hear it now can't you ...

"sorry mate, I was in a hurry to go to the doctors"

"perhaps its the opticians you needed"

I Hope its sorted amicably wink
Posted By: Brocks Re: Three weeks old and.... - 23rd Jun 2011 9:39pm
The car hasn't even done 2000 miles yet....Amicable may not come in to it now! If he'd owned up maybe but...
Posted By: hoseman Re: Three weeks old and.... - 25th Jun 2011 6:49am
handbag lamethrower skull bowdown Any news yet, we are all on the edge or our seats waiting for the next instalment of Wiki Taggart!! lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Three weeks old and.... - 25th Jun 2011 11:15am
I had Columbo on it until he died.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Three weeks old and.... - 25th Jun 2011 11:22am
Bloody hell, you dont want that.....seen the state of his car??
Posted By: Brocks Re: Three weeks old and.... - 27th Jun 2011 11:14am
Got a reply today....

This is true and I am very sorry about it.
I was in a hurry and made up my mind there could be no damage. But of course I should have checked and got in touch with you.
Sorry also not to get back sooner but I was not in on Friday

Appology but no enquiry about damage or recompense. mad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Three weeks old and.... - 27th Jun 2011 11:24am
Tell him his mind is wrong and would he/she like to meet you see it/discuss and see the damage.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Three weeks old and.... - 27th Jun 2011 11:52am
Also what this person fails to realize is he or she left the scene of an accident with out stopping .That is an offence on it`s own Let them know this Gypsy June
Posted By: Brocks Re: Three weeks old and.... - 28th Jun 2011 6:27am
Thank you for you admission and apology. However, had you checked you would have noticed a crease and indentation in the bumper suggesting it has been pushed against the internals of the front end. The fog light also appears to be no longer aligned correctly.

I have been told by witnesses that the car was moved significantly in the impact. The car is only a month old and the damage while appearing slight to the eye suggests that contact has been made internally and I therefore have no choice but to take the car to a garage for an assessment in order to protect the warranty. I will be requiring your insurance details
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Three weeks old and.... - 28th Jun 2011 7:45am
Fair play.

She doesn't really have a leg to stand on.

Let us know how you get on.
Posted By: Brocks Re: Three weeks old and.... - 28th Jun 2011 8:48am
He's given me his details quickly without a cough or splutter. As he's been up front now.....I'll get a quote and try spare his Insurance if I can. laugh
Posted By: Brocks Re: Three weeks old and.... - 15th Jul 2011 6:08pm
Hmm thought it was going too well. Got a quote, sent it to him and now he's saying there's nothing to repair.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Three weeks old and.... - 16th Jul 2011 12:14am
Just ask for his insurance details then and say you'll take it through them.

"......the Road Traffic Act 1988 requires that any driver involved in an accident where another vehicle is involved must stop and give his name, address and the registration number “to any person having reasonable grounds for requiring those details”...... the requirement extends to also giving insurance details."
© Wirral-Wikiwirral