Forums
Posted By: PhilyMc MG ZR Battery Cable to Solenoid - 13th Jun 2011 12:34pm
My Battery cable came away from the solenoid a few months a go, i did a quick fix on the cable and managed to get it sorted up until now. The cable is now to short to reach the solenoid so i will have to buy a new one. Can anyone advse if i can just buy a generic one from halfords rather than buy an MG Zr part?
If so which cable is it?
Sorry im no mechanic but any help will be of great assistance. Dont want to pay a garage £40 labour plus part for fixing somethign i can do myself.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MG ZR Battery Cable to Solenoid - 13th Jun 2011 12:39pm
if its just the cable straight from battery to solenoid, then there is no reason you carnt get one from halfrauds, or just go scrap yard and get a right size one from another car
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: MG ZR Battery Cable to Solenoid - 13th Jun 2011 12:40pm
Any idea if it would be positive or negative?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MG ZR Battery Cable to Solenoid - 13th Jun 2011 12:43pm
i dont get what you mean, if its the thick red wire that goes to + on battery, then its positive
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: MG ZR Battery Cable to Solenoid - 13th Jun 2011 12:48pm
Yes thats the one, nice one. Im a total novice mechanic/electrician
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MG ZR Battery Cable to Solenoid - 13th Jun 2011 12:49pm
if you want i will change it over for you, FREE of charge and make sure you get correct one from scrappy
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: MG ZR Battery Cable to Solenoid - 13th Jun 2011 12:52pm
Wow many thanks for the offer, im going to have a stab at it myself only way ill learn.
Many thansk once again though, if i get stuck ill be in touch
© Wirral-Wikiwirral