Forums
Posted By: baldybrewer Car body repairs - 8th Jun 2011 6:27pm
Can anyone recommend a car body repairer I am looking to get rear bumper resprayed and a small dent and respary of rear quarter panel price is not a issue as im not paying.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Car body repairs - 8th Jun 2011 6:35pm
I've just had two of my cars done at the bodyshop behind the Fire Station in Birkenhead.

I'll try and get the name (I forget) but it's in the units in the streets behind the station, coming from the new Asda turn right into the road by the newsagents, left into the units and it's at the end.

They've done a good job on mine.
Posted By: Little_B Re: Car body repairs - 8th Jun 2011 6:41pm
Try the body repair shop next door to the all american car wash on hoylake road by st james church his names David Gillie good lad and should give you good price.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Car body repairs - 8th Jun 2011 7:26pm
On a similar theme I am looking to have a small dent pushed out of a rear bumper. Old car (1972 Austin 1300) and a chromed steel bumper. Nowhere can I get a replacement bumper - and I know most of the 1100/ 1300 salvage places.

The dent is not big and there is only trivial damage to the support flange. My guess someone with a tow bar reversed into the bumper in a car park.

A hydraulic press & frame could probably be used to ease out the dent - but not the sort of thing I have in the garage at home. MAYBE it could be done with the bumper between a hydraulic jack and the underside of the LandRover but I would rather not muck about like that.

Snod
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Car body repairs - 8th Jun 2011 7:30pm
AGM Hind on Pasture Road, next too the Lighthouse Cafe near Leasowe Lighthouse. Top quality work to be fair, referred a few peeps there, all have been made up (including Rhys's famous RX8 - Gegsy did the rear bumper after we crashed it lol)!
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Car body repairs - 8th Jun 2011 9:14pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
AGM Hind on Pasture Road, next too the Lighthouse Cafe near Leasowe Lighthouse. Top quality work to be fair, referred a few peeps there, all have been made up (including Rhys's famous RX8 - Gegsy did the rear bumper after we crashed it lol)!

got my bonnet resprayed about a month ago and they did a excellent job.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Car body repairs - 9th Jun 2011 8:24am
Auto accident repair on hoseside road wallasey, fathers garage 30 years experience, all aspects undertaken, rejigs, full paint, stone chip repair etc etc. On the web and in the yellow pages, there was a thread up with
Loads of his work, lambos, bentleys etc, smaller fish got offended and had Mark remove the thread based on conflict of interest , loads of pics i can send you to show you the quality of work approved direct line insurance garage and undertakes most of the wirral dealership work.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral