Forums
Posted By: benjm Car Swap - 9th May 2011 9:49pm
Hey guys

wondering if I can get some opinions on this. basically I want a cheap convertible for the summer and the one that would suit me well is the Renault Megane 1.6 mk 1 Cabrolet. So I am looking on Car swap websites to see if anyone is looking to trade their's for my 2000 Landrover Freelander. I don't really have the money or time off work to start selling and buying cars.

Anyone had any experience with these swap sites and are they to be trusted?

Also do 2nd hand car dealerships swap cars? obviously I would go for a car that's worth less than mine so that the dealer makes some money on it.

If anyone does have a Megane cabrolet and wants a little 4x4 wanna swap? but chances are slim!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Car Swap - 9th May 2011 9:58pm
A mate of mine uses one of the swop sites regularly but at the lower end of the market - usually does ok out of it, its normally easy to re-swop a small car even if it has some problems but the bigger cars are a problem to shift if they do have something wrong with them.
Posted By: benjm Re: Car Swap - 9th May 2011 10:06pm
Interesting. The values probs around £2K so quite low end. 10 months MOT and no problems so should be quite attractive. I'll contact some people on the swaps website. Any idea which site they use?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Car Swap - 9th May 2011 10:13pm
Not quite the low end my mate deals with, his is more around £300 mark.

His latest is a Hyundai Coupe, immaculate original paint and interior, engine burning some oil and occasionally cuts out. He swapped it for his previous Fiat Punto with immaculate paint (apart from a small bend) and interior, he had bought this for £100 and we put a second hand gear box in it (£75 from scrappy) and was a great car.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car Swap - 10th May 2011 12:20am
I used swapz, only trouble on there is you get a lot of idiots trying to get rid of their £200 worth of vectra sri 140`s which will pee you off, apart from that it`s ok.
Posted By: Maisie Re: Car Swap - 10th May 2011 11:37am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
A mate of mine uses one of the swop sites regularly but at the lower end of the market - usually does ok out of it, its normally easy to re-swop a small car even if it has some problems but the bigger cars are a problem to shift if they do have something wrong with them.

Oh DD do you think I could swap mine through that site?? You've seen my car and know what things need doing. Could you pm me the website address if you know it please??

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car Swap - 10th May 2011 12:18pm
Originally Posted by Maisie

Oh DD do you think I could swap mine through that site?? You've seen my car and know what things need doing. Could you pm me the website address if you know it please??

What car have you got maise?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Car Swap - 10th May 2011 2:39pm
CLICKY - SWAPZ CARS

Talk to Ste (above), if he's thinking what I think he is, you could be onto a good deal from a good bloke wink
Posted By: Maisie Re: Car Swap - 10th May 2011 2:44pm

[/quote]

What car have you got maise? [/quote]

Hiya _Ste_ I've got a X reg Vectra, need to get shut of it. Costing me a fortune to run now.
Posted By: Maisie Re: Car Swap - 10th May 2011 2:46pm
CLICKY - SWAPZ CARS

Talk to Ste (above), if he's thinking what I think he is, you could be onto a good deal from a good bloke wink

Thanks DD, I trust your judgement!!! thumbsup
Posted By: philly Re: Car Swap - 11th May 2011 8:16pm
HI IVE GOT A NEWER SHAPE RENAULT MEGAN CONVERTABLE 2000 MODEL VERY CLEAN 90,000 MILES,1600CC,LONG TAX AND MOT,VERY RELIABLE IF YOUR INTRESTED,IM AFTER A 4X4 WITH A TOWBAR TO TOW MY JETSKI CAN AD PICS IF INTRESTED THANKS, grin
Posted By: benjm Re: Car Swap - 11th May 2011 9:58pm
PM sent Philly smile
Posted By: benjm Re: Car Swap - 13th May 2011 6:07pm
Originally Posted by philly
HI IVE GOT A NEWER SHAPE RENAULT MEGAN CONVERTABLE 2000 MODEL VERY CLEAN 90,000 MILES,1600CC,LONG TAX AND MOT,VERY RELIABLE IF YOUR INTRESTED,IM AFTER A 4X4 WITH A TOWBAR TO TOW MY JETSKI CAN AD PICS IF INTRESTED THANKS, grin

did you get my PM Philly? very keen to swap!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral