Forums
Posted By: dodie my car was hit today & scum did a runner - 23rd Mar 2011 7:12pm
in prenton outside post office at 12.20pm today white transit van reg HK10NUA hit my car while i was in post office witness got reg number it might have garden landscape on it if anyone sees it please let me know much appreciated 07984051336 dodie
DVLA will tell you this for £2.50, use a form V888

Hope you told the police who will eventually get round to telling you (took them 3 months to get round to my case).
Posted By: DavidB Re: my car was hit today & scum did a runner - 23rd Mar 2011 7:21pm
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_10016794

What's 'reasonable cause'?
For this case, Page 7 of THIS states what you have to provide.
Posted By: dodie Re: my car was hit today & scum did a runner - 23rd Mar 2011 7:59pm
just want to say thanks for your support i have told police thanks
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: my car was hit today & scum did a runner - 23rd Mar 2011 8:56pm
Sorry to hear this Dodie,good that you have the reg' though.
Originally Posted by dodie
in prenton outside post office at 12.20pm today white transit van reg HK10NUA hit my car while i was in post office witness got reg number it might have garden landscape on it if anyone sees it please let me know much appreciated 07984051336 dodie
Posted By: TheDr Re: my car was hit today & scum did a runner - 24th Mar 2011 12:35am
HK 10 NUA
Ford Transit 85 T260M FWD
White
2198cc
Panel Van
Diesel
Registered 30/06/10

It IS on the insurance database so your insurance compant can get his details as well smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: my car was hit today & scum did a runner - 24th Mar 2011 9:34am
When this happened to me, went to police, they traced him and called round to suggest that he contacted me and gave me his insurance details.

Either this or he is charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: my car was hit today & scum did a runner - 25th Mar 2011 11:04am
They didn't prosecute for hit on run when I got clobbered. Had the registration and a witness but the police made it very clear they weren't interested in prosecuting. The problem then is that the other insurance company can run rings round you and you can lose your no claims even though the accident wasn't your fault.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: my car was hit today & scum did a runner - 25th Mar 2011 11:46am
The cops are getting to be like midges.....
What f.....g use are they?
let me know how you got on (same thing just happened to me).
© Wirral-Wikiwirral