Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 20th Mar 2011 2:37pm
Hi, I've been offered a gto, j Reg, which has a 3.0 v6 24v twin turbo engine with manual box, (is it 3000GT)? Anyway, was wondering if anyone on here knew anything about them and what they were like as I've never even seen one.

?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 20th Mar 2011 2:40pm
After watching hammond on top gear owning one i'd get it, lots of car, but lots to go wrong, The main thing is that the turbo's are boosting together and it doesnt have hgf.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 20th Mar 2011 3:06pm
Thanks, is the head gasket diy a ble?
It's been lying up for 5 years as the owner is in Asia.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 20th Mar 2011 3:29pm
What does electronically actuated spoiler mean?
And are these really 300bhp with [email protected] secs?
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 20th Mar 2011 3:31pm
GET ON IT!! well nice motors. Think they're about 280 bhp though not that sure. I had a 980 bhp one.........on gran turismo lol
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 20th Mar 2011 7:02pm
nice cars, autos can be a bit dodgy, make sure turbos are ok, head gaskets are diy-eble if you are a mechanic, i would so a bit too much for a novice. ive worked on a few and looked at one for myself 2 years ago but went with a 300zx instead. i think i may know the car your on about if its local. If its the one i know of he wanted a bit too much when i asked about it. what does he want if you dont mind me asking?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 20th Mar 2011 7:08pm
£1500
It's a non runner, smashed screen, seized brakes, oxidised paintwork, someones tried stealing it but it all there.
Is it the one?
Was it running ok when you knew it?
Posted By: mrhanky Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 20th Mar 2011 9:05pm
£1500 he's having a laugh surely??
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 4:32am
Originally Posted by mrhanky

Worth that in parts smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 9:18am
Originally Posted by mrhanky

silly mr hanky.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 2:29pm
you can pick them up on fleabay with mot for that.
i got offered one a couple of months ago for £1250 with about 6 months mot.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 2:36pm
VERY VERY NICE wink http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-MITSUBIS...t=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a0f07c79e
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 2:39pm
You can also get Astra gsi's for £1k but doesn't stop mine owing me £3200 omg

It's all fun & games mr hanky, all fun and games wink

We'll see what happens smile

Oh, it's only money.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 3:45pm
The old man looked at these back in the day.

Very complex cars by all accounts. Early-day electronics.

Great cars, and a lot for the money - but potential for ruinous running costs I reckon.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 5:05pm
You can pick these up from £800 - £1200 for a tidy one, if you can afford the insurance go for the big brother the GTO or 300ogt on a grey import (not recommended) far quicker car 3l twin turbo rivalled the zx in its day but didn't have such a short wheel base
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 6:04pm
I thought GTO and 3000GT were the same. You learn something new every day. It was the 3000GT we had on loan for a while from Mitchells.

Pretty quick cars!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 6:10pm
Originally Posted by Alex85
I thought GTO and 3000GT were the same. You learn something new every day. It was the 3000GT we had on loan for a while from Mitchells.

Pretty quick cars!

This car is the 3000GT \ GTO \ VR-4?
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 6:19pm
Same car mate 3000gt is just the jap name, like a 300zx or Fairlady Z same car just different name.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 21st Mar 2011 6:24pm
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/75/156500591_c8b2d43c72.jpg?v=0
GTO

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/Mitsubishi_FTO/fto_rear_skirt.jpg&

FTO
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 12:09am
Originally Posted by Nelzy84
GTO

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/Mitsubishi_FTO/fto_rear_skirt.jpg&

FTO

I know that mate but have i missed something?

Who mentioned an FTO?

FTO`s are crap, would`nt pull you out of bed. laugh
Posted By: Sanchez Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 12:33am
I was thinkin that too, good handling cars though..
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 7:31am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
GTO

FTO

I know that mate but have i missed something?

Who mentioned an FTO?

FTO`s are crap, would`nt pull you out of bed. laugh

Thought i read FTO, clearly not, my bad, you right mate i was trying to be as suttle as possibke the FTO is ugly,terrible rear end and is underpowered, thats why i suggested the gto, probably mis read being distracted by the missus as per
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 8:28am
[Linked Image]

Oh yes!

Red's the best colour for it as well.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 9:13am
Ahh right, lol, I was wondering as I test drove a FTO a few years back which I was offered and was rather disappointed to say the least.

This ones red but as you can imagine, sitting there for 5 years under a tree it's in a terrible oxidised state, all part of the fun doing it up I suppose.

Had a good read about them on the GTO forums last night so really thinking of getting it, let's hope the engines not seized as it hasn't been started for those 5 yearseither frown
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 10:50am
Ahh right, lol, I was wondering as I test drove a FTO a few years back which I was offered and was rather disappointed to say the least.

This ones red but as you can imagine, sitting there for 5 years under a tree it's in a terrible oxidised state, all part of the fun doing it up I suppose.

Had a good read about them on the GTO forums last night so really thinking of getting it, let's hope the engines not seized as it hasn't been started for those 5 yearseither frown

Go for it Ste, why not still look mean, the remind me a bit of the 8 series with the wide back end. Red was the best colour mate but there was a few nice metallic blue ones ive seen over the years, Im sure a man of your calibre can sort out a seized engine, nothing is too far gone. Jetski's taught me that, the amount of Yammahas and kwaks jet skis we saved in the work shop that had taken water into the pots and pistons when bilges had packed in was countless, never say never Ste, Slightly off topic but got any UE's on the cards would be good to meet, seen a few of your posts mate some wicked photos dude
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 11:27am
Well summers here almost, need to get my ass into gear and get that new dslr I wanted.
Want to get out soon,my favourite place deva has gone now frown
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 11:44am
Well summers here almost, need to get my ass into gear and get that new dslr I wanted.

There still time lid, laugh sure it will all come good.

Never got chance to get to Deva, gutted, believe there is a similar one Flint way tho smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 12:58pm

Never got chance to get to Deva, gutted, believe there is a similar one Flint way tho smile

Sounds like a plan happy
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 1:02pm

Sounds like a plan happy

Good man, WIll get some details of TC and from woman who put me on to it and will keep you posted mate
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 1:19pm
[quote=_Ste_]Well summers here almost, need to get my ass into gear and get that new dslr I wanted.

Sounds like a plan happy

Good man, WIll get some details of TC and from woman who put me on to it and will keep you posted mate [/quote] cheers, will be good to meet up happy
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 1:26pm
Defo Ste, keep your eyes peeled mate, and i'll give you a shout when we've got something booked in dude.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 3:18pm
happy

Well, I've threw my reasonable offer in for this car, waiting for an e-mail from Asia.
Has a key stuck in ignition barrel as some pheasants had a go at stealing it, has no log book but does have keys. think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 3:54pm
Why are your alarm bells not going off?
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 22nd Mar 2011 4:23pm
happy

Well, I've threw my reasonable offer in for this car, waiting for an e-mail from Asia.
Has a key stuck in ignition barrel as some pheasants had a go at stealing it, has no log book but does have keys. think

Not to worry Ste, my uncles last car could be started with his house key, beats a philips screw driver mate lol can you HPI check it and request a new v5 dude ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 23rd Mar 2011 12:49am
Yes, I always do a hpi check on my cars smile

See how it goes, I would prefer a log book with this though.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 29th Mar 2011 9:38am
My offer was declined but the guy who owns it is back from Asia in may, maybe he will change his mind when he actually sees the state the car is in.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 29th Mar 2011 10:18am
My offer was declined but the guy who owns it is back from Asia in may, maybe he will change his mind when he actually sees the state the car is in.

Fingers crossed and good luck Stevo
Posted By: Sanchez Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 29th Mar 2011 10:48am
Yer I hope you do get it mate, you make nice jobs of restoration work smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 30th Mar 2011 5:14pm
The early ones had all the electronic gubbins, the later ones were less overwhelmed. I can't say failing electronics would put me off, but I don't know whether the engines are any good? These replaced the Starion - I can't say you'd have a problem finding spares for it, they say ECU's cost £1000 or whatever, but they're only average 50 quid on ebay.

They didn't call it a GTO in America because there was already a Pontiac GTO.
Posted By: DavidB Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 5th Apr 2011 2:15pm
There's a complete GTO in LJ's scrapyard if you get this Ste, and Chris Gilly. wink
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 5th Apr 2011 8:40pm
ive seen that one the red one?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 5th Apr 2011 8:44pm
Where's that?
Posted By: DavidB Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 5th Apr 2011 8:54pm
No, it's blue I think. They've got a Nissan 300ZX as well. It's on the corner just down the road from Neptunes.

Also, check this out Ste, I think you'll find it interesting:

http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/onSaleRe...d=14104981&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 5th Apr 2011 9:00pm
shayne dooleys place pal
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: HELP? Mitsubishi GTO - 5th Apr 2011 10:54pm
Cheers I'll leave it thanx!

Hey dave, good site but I wwouldn't buy one which was so badly damaged mate happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral