Forums
Posted By: dannysayer Knocking sound - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - 14th Mar 2011 7:48pm
Need some help, My wifes Ford Fiesta has developed a fault. It is a knocking noise, it is more noticable when accelerating! Also juddeers when you start it sometimes, juddering clears when car warms up. Fiesta is 2007(57)
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Knocking sound - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - 14th Mar 2011 8:03pm
duel mass fly wheel
injectors/pump
or engine big ends
Posted By: Christine12 Re: Knocking sound - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - 14th Mar 2011 9:23pm
dannysayer, you haven't done a very good job of explaining the problems with my car!!

There is a knocking noise from the engine when the car is stationary.

There is a clunking noise when I change gear and take my foot back off the clutch.

When I start the engine, particularly when it's cold, the car will judder, shake and rev itself until it warms completely up (Usually about 7 minutes by the time I drive from work to home)

Does it need to be taken somewhere can anyone advise? It is out of warranty by a few months.
Posted By: ponytail Re: Knocking sound - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - 14th Mar 2011 9:28pm
Depending on where the noise comes from this can indicate which fault it could be. Sounds like the differential if it stops knocking when you are in motion. Could be your big end also by sound of it. If it is coming from underneath, could be your wishbone or suspension arms.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Knocking sound - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - 14th Mar 2011 10:08pm
might be the injectors by the sounds of it. the programming perameters like to go awol on these.

does it smoke?

i can take a look at it for you in my garage, pm me if you like
Posted By: dannysayer Re: Knocking sound - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - 14th Mar 2011 10:14pm
If the car struggles to start i.e if its cold, then yes it smokes from exhaust but not black smoke.

Can I bring it in for you to have a look please?

Is it a costly job?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Knocking sound - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - 14th Mar 2011 10:18pm
it depends what it is,it might be a rougue sensor misreading, ie temp sensor saying -40 seen it loads of time, ill pm you now
Posted By: Christine12 Re: Knocking sound - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - 17th Mar 2011 9:40pm
Thanks for looking at my car Chris, it was good advice you gave. I have written to Ford though because it's only 6 months out of warranty and only done 17,000 miles. Thanks again
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Knocking sound - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - 18th Mar 2011 6:23pm
sorry completly forgot to pm you back the price of a new one, will do it tomorrow mid day defo smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral