Forums
Basically, bought new steel underside coolant pipes for the car last year and it's leaking already. You can buy s/s ones for about 100 quid, but think I could get cheaper made up. Does anyone know where I can get something like this made up from the pattern of the old ones?
The problem ISNT making them up its getting the lip around the outside to secure the hose to! I can make them, but i use thicker walled steel rather than the thin walled stuff you need! If you give me some OD (outside diameter)and wall thickness, i may be able to help. Also its the cost of making one offs, might be just as expensive as getting new mass produced ones off the shelf.
if you need any help PM me. Piccies would help to give me an idea of what you need
A trick Ive used on intercooler pipes is to tack blobs of weld round the pipe and then grind them back so they are just raised as much as a lip would be.

You can then slip the hose over the welds, and tighten a jubilee behind them so the hose doesnt slip back over when pressurised wink
Originally Posted by StuyMac
A trick Ive used on intercooler pipes is to tack blobs of weld round the pipe and then grind them back so they are just raised as much as a lip would be.

You can then slip the hose over the welds, and tighten a jubilee behind them so the hose doesnt slip back over when pressurised wink
Sneaky but an excellent solution thumbsup
I agree, easy if your geared up for welding stainless, but a lot of garages arnt and fabricators are an extra cost on your cost price of tube and tube bending!
Show me a pic and rough dimensions and i can give you a `ball park` price
My mate got a stainless bridge pipe for his bike cost £20, cost of a real one £340, I will ask him the details and post them here. It might be worth following up.
Welding a rim is a good idea!

Here it is - I can weld the mounts on. They're about four foot long.

[Linked Image]

Even mild steel will do, I'd get them powder coated on the outside.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral