Forums
Posted By: dunover bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 6:14pm
Hi all. Brand new to this type of thing so please bear with me.
I have always wanted an e36 coupe/cabrio and was seduced by a lovely looking one in the week which has turned out to be a nightmare. I also blew the budget and the yorkshire neanderthals I bought it off won't be taking returns. In short, needs 1 new rear bush and two coils; has a big oil leak and fuel seems to leak under braking; needs some new belts (don't know which) and this list may not be complete.
Does anyone know of a good local mechanic who isn't scared by boat anchors and who isn't expensive!! Also, where can I get cheap but good parts?!
Please help this amateur whose dream has become a nightmare!
Posted By: johncon Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 6:30pm
Dont be dishartend thumbsup
I own a e36 coupe and love it to bits there are plenty of people on here who can help I am a mechanic myselfe so do my own work on my cars but loads of people on here will be more than willing to help you could try cris_gilly on here for starters

Attached picture m.JPG
Attached picture res 2.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 6:35pm
I too have An E36, had loads of them, they're not as expensive to run as one may think wink
Pm me your number and I'll contact you tomorrow.
Posted By: dunover Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 6:46pm
Thanks. Sweet looking coupe and wicked Westie! We used to have one. Should've posted on here before I bought.
MIghtily pissed off but the car had 12 months MOT and comprehensive history so thought it was worth a punt. Do you fancy having a look at it?
Posted By: dunover Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 6:48pm
Hey ste, will do.
Thanks fellas; making me feel better.
Posted By: johncon Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 6:58pm
sorry dont do any jobs out of work but i am sure ste or chris will help you help
Posted By: kimpri Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 7:12pm
Why john? too old laugh
Posted By: dunover Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 7:13pm
Thanks Chris.
I've PM'ed Ste (or at least I think I have - Ste, did you get the mail?!).
Will see where we get to.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 7:13pm
Hi have you tried going on thier own website sometimes they have forums for people like yourself very helpfull give it a try
Posted By: dunover Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 7:13pm
Thanks, gypsyjune. I'll have a look.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 7:18pm
Pm'ed, ill look after you wink
Posted By: johncon Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 7:36pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Why john? too old laugh

yeh well past all that now mate
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 6th Feb 2011 11:50pm
12 months mot done by stevie wonder then if needs so much work. get it checked over and if need be have a look at the advert what you bought it from and where it was advertised as if mot looks a bit dodgy get the ministry to look into it as if it came from a garage that did the mot then should of no problems but saying that the MOT is only valid while it is on the mot testing premises as soon as you drive it from there and brakes fail you have no come back ass long as they have done a proper test.

normally if oil leak is bad will advise it or it will fail the mot plus if bush is really bad should of failed the test.
You can get loads of info about mot's from direct.gov and can even look at mot requiremnets but takes some looking around the site.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 7th Feb 2011 12:08am
Originally Posted by endoxr4x4
12 months mot done by stevie wonder then if needs so much work. get it checked over and if need be have a look at the advert what you bought it from and where it was advertised as if mot looks a bit dodgy get the ministry to look into it as if it came from a garage that did the mot then should of no problems but saying that the MOT is only valid while it is on the mot testing premises as soon as you drive it from there and brakes fail you have no come back ass long as they have done a proper test.

normally if oil leak is bad will advise it or it will fail the mot plus if bush is really bad should of failed the test.
You can get loads of info about mot's from direct.gov and can even look at mot requiremnets but takes some looking around the site.

Indeed.
Posted By: dunover Re: bmw e36 nightmare - please help! - 7th Feb 2011 10:04am
cry Thanks?!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral