Forums
Posted By: insanekitty Fuel Protests Tonight - 28th Jan 2011 5:15pm
We were told in work today that a fuel protest will be taking place tonight on Oil Sites Road by Stanlow.

They will be starting about 7pm and going from Chester Services on the M56 down the M53 to J10 then through the industrial estate by the Lexus dealer. They will then travel on to Oil Sites Road and down to J9 M53, round the roundabout then back the way they came.
I dont know how many circuits they are doing but there is also a parking area for the protesters to walk and ermmm 'protest!

Just hope they have finished for 5.30am when I have to be in work opposite on the Innospec site.

Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Fuel Protests Tonight - 28th Jan 2011 7:04pm
Ive only just heard about it on the news, i would have gone, but its a bit late now
Posted By: Danny888 Re: Fuel Protests Tonight - 28th Jan 2011 7:09pm
Only the braindead take part - Shell make VERY LITTLE on fuel, infact Stanlow made 250k profit from petrol last year, the protests should lie with the covernment taxing the hell out of it.

Idiots
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fuel Protests Tonight - 28th Jan 2011 7:26pm
so let me see...to protest at fuel prices people are going to drive round in a big circle for a couple of hours...IRONY!!

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Fuel Protests Tonight - 28th Jan 2011 8:22pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
so let me see...to protest at fuel prices people are going to drive round in a big circle for a couple of hours...IRONY!!

Ahh, but most are going to claim it back on their tax return wink
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Fuel Protests Tonight - 28th Jan 2011 8:32pm
Originally Posted by Danny888
Only the braindead take part - Shell make VERY LITTLE on fuel, infact Stanlow made 250k profit from petrol last year, the protests should lie with the covernment taxing the hell out of it.

Idiots

Proof please.

Also remember BP, Texaco, Tesco contracts etc.

I do agree on goverment tax should be lowered but as petrol is a consumable it will be ripped off.

Just imagine if you had to pay an extra £2k to have your bins emptied.

It will happen come 2030 lol
Posted By: Danny888 Re: Fuel Protests Tonight - 28th Jan 2011 9:25pm
Ofcourse I have no proof, other than being related to one of the 'fat cats' at Stanlow.
Posted By: insanekitty Re: Fuel Protests Tonight - 30th Jan 2011 5:56pm
When I am on nights next door on the innospec site there is a petrol tanker going in and out every 10 minutes.
These tankers are from every company from mersey oils, asda, tesco and of course shell!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral