Forums
Posted By: MATTSVM respray - 28th Nov 2010 6:23pm
Anyone know where i can get a dirt cheap respray from...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: respray - 28th Nov 2010 10:52pm
Just park beside a muddy puddle raftl

Don't come any cheaper or dirtier and get about the same finish as some of the resprays on the Wirral.
Posted By: TheDr Re: respray - 28th Nov 2010 11:52pm
Sounds like you've been to some of the same spray shops I've used in the past. mad

You basically get what you pay for, so it all depends what you want to do with the car.
If you have a look in Auto Trader you'll find a few places that will do the work for a fixed price, but basically the more work you do yourself the cheaper it'll be. If you can rub the vehicle down and do most of the masking up you'll find that you'll save ££'s in labour costs.
Posted By: kimpri Re: respray - 29th Nov 2010 12:16am
try these guys, ask for bob smile spray here smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: respray - 29th Nov 2010 10:45am
Originally Posted by TheDr
Sounds like you've been to some of the same spray shops I've used in the past. mad

You basically get what you pay for, so it all depends what you want to do with the car.
If you have a look in Auto Trader you'll find a few places that will do the work for a fixed price, but basically the more work you do yourself the cheaper it'll be. If you can rub the vehicle down and do most of the masking up you'll find that you'll save ££'s in labour costs.

withthat
Posted By: DavidB Re: respray - 29th Nov 2010 10:59am
Most of these places start as a insurance repair garage and just add on this with no skills whatsoever. There's a lot of really bad places on the Wirral!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: respray - 29th Nov 2010 7:10pm
what you looking at painting bud?
Posted By: MATTSVM Re: respray - 30th Nov 2010 8:12am
VW TRANSPORTER ON A J PLATE MATE...
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: respray - 30th Nov 2010 7:26pm
Originally Posted by MATTSVM
VW TRANSPORTER ON A J PLATE MATE...

what sort of colour are you looking at?

(i run a garage and do painting etc. so just trying to get you a cheap price, of course it would be cheapest to have the van already stripped, and prepped, rubbed down etc. but i can do this if you like)
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: respray - 30th Nov 2010 9:34pm
What would you charge for a Mitzibishi Carisma in red?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: respray - 30th Nov 2010 9:37pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
What would you charge for a Mitzibishi Carisma in red?

what needs doing? whats the problem with the existing paint? cheers!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: respray - 30th Nov 2010 9:43pm
It's faded,but the car it'self is great,just cosmetic really!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: respray - 30th Nov 2010 9:46pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
It's faded,but the car it'self is great,just cosmetic really!

i could just give it a good buffing, and it would look as good as new, wouldnt cost much too!
Posted By: MATTSVM Re: respray - 1st Dec 2010 11:13pm
Its non metallic blue,and i would like to keep it this colour, i have tried buffing it but it keeps fading again,so it really needs painting,i dont mind prepping it to keep the price down but if price was right i would just get you to do it,,i dont want it concourse , we only use it about 4 times a year to go camping in, and i just want it presentable,any idea on price,whereabouts is your garage mate..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: respray - 2nd Dec 2010 1:46pm
You need to use a seal followed by regular waxing to stop some paints fading especially red(pink) paint.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: respray - 2nd Dec 2010 4:07pm
My grandma's red agila went pink. I gave it plenty of elbow grease and she came up like new... the car not my grandma...
I then used a seal to finish it off but that didn't work very well so I threw it back in the sea wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral