Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Couple of spots, are you here? - 19th Nov 2010 11:46pm
Firstly, one night this week, not sure which night, perhaps Tuesday? I took a route home along the prom in New Brighton. Spotted a nice clean looking E30 BMW (white) making progress around the roundabouts so I did the same! He slowed down after I caught him - maybe assumed I was a plod (it was dark). Just want to say I really liked your car, and one day I will own an E30 M3 (I think this was a 325i - sorry I can't remember anymore details!) and keep it as a garage queen because to me they are timeless classics. Anyway, if you're on here, very nice mate, and I'd like to take a closer look at some stage?

Secondly, tonight, after having my blood pressure raised by middle lane morons, outside lane hoggers and "yes! some fog, I can put my sporty front fog lights on" Grrrrs I met a young lad in a Grey '56 plate Polo. Had a bit of car banter on the M53 and he followed me into Upton village. Gave me a nod and a flash when he pulled off. What I want to say to you is although I have more than twice the engine capacity, horse power and cylinders, I did only use half throttle tease - cheers for brightening up my evening.

That is all!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Couple of spots, are you here? - 19th Nov 2010 11:52pm
raftl nice one!
You made me laugh today, you are the man!
I suggest you get rid of your car for an E30 M3.
Much more fun. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Couple of spots, are you here? - 20th Nov 2010 12:48am
I don't doubt it! I'd love a bright red mint E30 M3 - would make my commute a bit of a risk though.

I find it very hard to drive without considering who is around me to be honest. Every single night I pull up in the second lane after the M62 where it goes 3 lanes into 2 and without fail someone in an SXI or some other pseudo sporty family hatch goes into the 3rd lane. I want to let them go ahead, but I just can't.

I think I need to go to TLGP Anonymous (Traffic Light Grand Prix).

Its always nice when people encourage you to put your foot down, windows down in the Mersey Tunnel, a BMW straight 6 sounds bloody lovely.

Anyway, forget the Polo driver, I really want the E30 bloke to mane an appearance as I really want to have a look over your car and make you an offer for it!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Couple of spots, are you here? - 20th Nov 2010 10:38am
E30 M3s make great trackday cars, but as they are all left hookers, they can be a bit awkward on UK roads.

They are also quite underpowered when you look at what is available now frown

Nice cars, but Id only have one for Motorsport use now Im 'fraid....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral