Forums
Posted By: golfvr Bad Wheel refurbers - 3rd Sep 2010 10:31pm
Had a friend of mine drop my Kahn's into a local wheel refurbers due to the hours I work. (Widnes)
These guys have been in the business for 15+ years.
They quoted £50 per rim which I was happy with (just painted,no polishing or choming).

They have had them over a week, so I calls them all day yesterday, engaged, managed to get them at 9am this morning....says there is a prob and they will call me asap.

11am I rings back, engaged, I keep trying till 2pm, In the end I drives 22 mile, and goes in....

Asks the muppet,whats up with the phone...... quote: nottin, we leave it off the hook coz where so busy..... to which I replied, that aint good enough when I was expecting a call back.

To cut the story short, my wheels havent been touched, still got tyres fitted,
They come up with some b'sh+t story that they dunno how to split them, as when they quoted they thought they where fake splits not real ones!!!!

Im far from a wheel expert, but I know that Kahn wheels are mega quality and 'FAKE' splits are not there thing.

Surely a wheel refurb place should know this!!!! or am I asking to much.
These are the only 'PRO' wheel refurbers near here.

Anyway I have split the first one myself with no 'expert' tools, and it took only 20min.

I will have to get off my soap box now

Just had to vent some anger hahaha
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: Bad Wheel refurbers - 3rd Sep 2010 10:45pm
thats why i do any work on my cars myself as atleast i know it's done properely and i'm fairly fussy as i'm going to be doing the wheels on my t-5 soon as i'm able too due to illness.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Bad Wheel refurbers - 6th Sep 2010 8:30am
Originally Posted by golfvr
Im far from a wheel expert

You're not!? omg

That sounds like poor poor service. I wouldn't be at all happy!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Bad Wheel refurbers - 6th Sep 2010 11:51am
I can't seem to find a decent bodyshop that'll do decent enough work that doesn't take them ages, or they do the work really badly.
You'd think wheels would be simple, even a DIY'r can do them well.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral