Forums
Posted By: polo_phil What to do.......? - 17th Aug 2010 1:57pm
Good afternoon!

I bought a Porsche 924 off here last summer with plans and enthusiasm coming out of my ears. However after spending most winter evenings in the cold under the bonnet of various cars for various reasons I lost the enthusiasm and when the MOT expired on the 924 I SORN'd it and left it in the back under cover thinking 'I'll get the enthusiasm back when the summer comes'...

Summer came and has nearly gone... being busy with house projects and work etc have had little time for the 924 doing small jobs on it but not appearing to be getting anywhere...

So having a real crack at it yesterday, whilst on leave from work, I put my back out which made me think... 'right... time for a rethink'

Like I said the car has no MOT/Tax. Has had a slightly bad paintjob at some point. I'm pretty sure the radiator is having a wee... Passenger window is not working. Car runs ok but is a bit rough and tappety and other odd jobs need doing

I still have my girlfriends Seicento Sporting to play with if I'm bored and my truck I generally take to the garage for anything other than very small, simple tasks.

Is it time to move on?

If you made it to the end of my dull post - Thanks for reading smile
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: What to do.......? - 17th Aug 2010 4:01pm
bet you if you adjust the tappets the engine will run nice wink

inlet 0.20mm HOT
exhaust 0.45 HOT
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: What to do.......? - 17th Aug 2010 7:53pm
any crap can be fixed up phil, my gsi was a rotbox wink

(although it now owes me £1900) omg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: What to do.......? - 17th Aug 2010 9:16pm
It's a crime not having this on the road wink
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: What to do.......? - 17th Aug 2010 9:28pm
if you need any info or advice phil im here wink i have pretty much most tech specs on the PC

also i have all the gear to do paint spraying as i do body repairs at the garage, if you fancy a go of painting you buy the gear chip in some £££ for the lecky and you can have a go and i can teach you wink
Posted By: polo_phil Re: What to do.......? - 18th Aug 2010 8:05am
Thanks for the encouragment guys smile
Cheers Chris very generous of you!!

I don't want to chuck loads of money at it but I've got a Volvo 480 coming soon Mint condition, low miles. Maybe I could sell that and use the money...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: What to do.......? - 18th Aug 2010 8:10am
If your hearts not in it, then is there really any point carrying on? think

Simple answer I know, but if your not motivated it will never get done frown
Posted By: Wheels Re: What to do.......? - 18th Aug 2010 8:39am
Move on, the fact that you are asking this question tells me it's time to.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: What to do.......? - 18th Aug 2010 8:48am
think hmmmmm

Anyone want to make a semi decent offer? wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral