Forums
Posted By: GixerAde Where to get a Clutch done - 19th May 2010 8:43pm
Hi, all where is a good and cheap place to get a clutch done on 407 16hdi getting quotes of a grand so far and just con't afford that at the moment.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Where to get a Clutch done - 19th May 2010 8:46pm
1 sec let me run it through autodata smile
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Where to get a Clutch done - 19th May 2010 8:50pm
i can do the labour for £400 its a good 8 hour job, parts should be no more than £300, at a a guess its a dual mass flywheel, is it worth changing too?
its a there a chance you could pop buy for me to have a nose? or can you take pictures of clearence underneath and in the engine bay?
Posted By: GixerAde Re: Where to get a Clutch done - 19th May 2010 8:57pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
i can do the labour for £400 its a good 8 hour job, parts should be no more than £300, at a a guess its a dual mass flywheel, is it worth changing too?
its a there a chance you could pop buy for me to have a nose? or can you take pictures of clearence underneath and in the engine bay?

Phoned Senars up and the parts were £480 its a bloody stupid dual mass was going to do it myself but this looks like a real bitch to do. Done about ten clutches in my time but this ones making me faint just looking at it
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Where to get a Clutch done - 19th May 2010 9:00pm
Jesus! thats a nice price! ill prob get it a bit cheaper on my trade account.

if you can pop down to my garage ill have a nose and we can have a chat if you like?
Posted By: GixerAde Re: Where to get a Clutch done - 19th May 2010 9:04pm
Where about is your garage? car can't be moved it will need towing. Was hoping to get a solid flywheel fitted but the don't do a kit for the 16 hdi
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Where to get a Clutch done - 19th May 2010 9:09pm
sure? have you scoured ebay? will have a look now.

rear 47 oxton road, basically behind the summer palace resterant,
if you need it recovering i use a company who use a flatbed for £30 anywhere on the wirral.

if you need it doing i can get it in ASAP
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Where to get a Clutch done - 19th May 2010 9:13pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
sure? have you scoured ebay? will have a look now.

seems like they dont hhmmmm
© Wirral-Wikiwirral