Forums
Posted By: Colt743 Help with a budget system please. - 17th May 2010 7:24am
Morning all,

Im looking to fit a new head unit and a sub into my 08 plate mitsubishi colt. Ive already got a complete wiring kit which im going to put in place for when i get the stuff so hopefully its not too hard to tuck the wires underneath the carpet. On with the questions..

In the wiring kit i have my Aux cables(red & white/black), Power cable (red), remote cable (blue) and a silver & copper cable which i think is the earth? (its been a while since ive installed a stereo)

My aux cables (red & white) have another little wire attached to them its very thin and doesnt have a connection on the end ive never seen this little cable on other sets or aux cables ive had can anyone tell me what this is please?

Ive found all the wires that i need for the head unit from caraudio direct. Im going to order the Wiring harness i need to fit an aftermarket stereo and keep my steering wheel controls and an extra cable that it says i need for a JVC headunit to make the steering wheel controls still work. And also the surround for the unit.

I didnt get any pins to take the original stereo out. Does anyone know where i can get a set?

And since im only doing a little budget system and i get a mega discount at work im looking to fit either a 12" mutant active sub or the 10" version. Can anyone tell me which one would be better and does the 2" make much of a difference?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

Take care
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Help with a budget system please. - 17th May 2010 8:31am
bigger subs make more of a punch but takes longer to do it due to there bigger area,

the big black wire is an earth,

the small wire coming off the RCA leads, ***MIGHT*** be lights on the end of the plugs, the wiring kits i buy when i fit amps etc have this wire on as the ends flash to the music.
Posted By: Colt743 Re: Help with a budget system please. - 17th May 2010 9:10am
ahh ok thanks, so if im going to be mainly listening to dance music the 10" is better since it will be kicking faster?

thanks for the reply laugh
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Help with a budget system please. - 17th May 2010 6:27pm
yeah id go smaller if its quick and bassy however it wont be as punchy as a 12".

if you need any help just give us a shout, im always here to help smile

if you need the pins to remove your stero halfrauds sell them and i think toolstation and screwfix sell them?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral