Forums
Posted By: JackieandMark re spraying - 24th Apr 2010 11:53am
Hello

Dose anyone know where we can get our VW High Top van re sprayed at a reasonable price ??
We have been quoted £700 but was wondering if it can be done cheaper ??

Thanks
Jackie
Posted By: MattLFC Re: re spraying - 24th Apr 2010 1:48pm
£700, does that include the paint? If so, thats not a bad price already for the amount of work and equipment that should go into doing a good job! Im sure you can get it done cheaper, but with the reputation of pretty much all local bodyshops being dodgy to say the least, the last thing you want is a half-arsed job, or one not warrantied/through the books.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: re spraying - 24th Apr 2010 4:09pm
withthat

Although to add, everything can be done to a price. Ive seen one guy do 1 full respray for £400 and it was a £400 respray, Ive see the same guy charge £1000+ for resprays and do a mint job.

The more you pay, the more time he will spend on it, and get a better finish - schimples grin
Posted By: MrPhil Re: re spraying - 24th Apr 2010 4:57pm
Ron Bell & sons based in Hooton did the respray on my old nova years back, was a good job for the price.

Do some prep work and it will work out cheaper, like taking trim off etc.

It's the labour which bumps the price remember.
Posted By: DavidB Re: re spraying - 24th Apr 2010 5:04pm
Agree with prep work, this is a good chuck on the work.
If you buy your own paint, don't buy it from Autopaints in Birkenhead. Everytime I've used them they've f*cked up, and generally can't be arsed even colour matching.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: re spraying - 24th Apr 2010 7:30pm
Originally Posted by Violet
If you buy your own paint, don't buy it from Autopaints in Birkenhead. Everytime I've used them they've f*cked up, and generally can't be arsed even colour matching.

withthat

I second that! Steer clear!

Heres the best place (if you have the cash)
http://www.houseofkolor.co.uk/

wink

I`m getting my astra done soon for £400, but for that iv`e got to strip all the interiour out, the bumpers off etc, windows out, bodykit off and already stripped the primer off and bought a new bonnet (don`t want to repair the old one which has rot under the lip) smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JackieandMark Re: re spraying - 26th Apr 2010 9:26pm
Hi
Can you tell me where Ron Bell & Sons is in Hooton please.

Thanks for recomending them

Jackie
Posted By: MrPhil Re: re spraying - 26th Apr 2010 10:34pm
from the a41 follow it down, go past the train station, then turn left onto the industrial estate, follow it to the end and you will see them.
Posted By: JackieandMark Re: re spraying - 28th Apr 2010 6:13pm
ok thanks i know where you mean
© Wirral-Wikiwirral