Forums
Posted By: phillhere VW passat weirdness...any ideas..? - 25th Mar 2010 11:00am
Hi.. Just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere local where i can get my passat 1.9 TDI looked at and possibly hooked up to a computer for a bit of diagnosis....

It is being really odd... in that... on first starting it has bugger all power, I can put my foot to the floor, but it still just crawls along, then after a 30 seconds or so , the revs go way up and accelerator starts to work. it is usually ok until the next time it has been parked up... However, I am starting to notice it has less power at the top end of each gear now..

any ideas appreciated, prior to getting badly ripped off by Dane Wirral (again)
Posted By: lansyp Re: VW passat weirdness...any ideas..? - 25th Mar 2010 11:30am
try chris gilly on here he is good
Posted By: polo_phil Re: VW passat weirdness...any ideas..? - 25th Mar 2010 11:51am
to plug it in you'll need something like vagcom to talk to the ecu
Posted By: phillhere Re: VW passat weirdness...any ideas..? - 25th Mar 2010 3:49pm
cheers..
I figured there would be some special software and kit required, I was more after an info on folks who could do that sort of thing, without me having to cough up stealership prices...
Posted By: paula Re: VW passat weirdness...any ideas..? - 25th Mar 2010 3:55pm
try chris gilly on here he has fixed my car for me and i was pleased with his work and i sure with him being in the trade if he couldnt help he may know someone that can regards paula and good luck
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: VW passat weirdness...any ideas..? - 25th Mar 2010 4:57pm
i can do the diagnostic plug in for £10 PM me could do it tonight if needs be smile

might be the glow plugs on there way out or ones failed, causing cold starts to be lacking power and possibly smokey?

cheers guys!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral