Forums
Posted By: chris_gilly k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 6:02pm
hi everybody!

right ive been doing a HG on a 1.8 k-series engine and i cant get the crankshaft pulley bolt off, the air gun wont budge it but its only a small compressor, tried a bar but didnt get much leverage and heat, nothing,

the flywheel has been locked and the engine just lifts up!

does anyone know anyone mobile who can budge it or any tips?
dont mind paying someone off here with the right bit of kit who can move it smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 6:06pm
Its a shame you you didnt address this whilst the engine still turned over as you could of pput the bar on it then turned her over and used the ground and strength of the engine to do it. Other than that have you tried putting some thing over the bar to creat more leverage?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 6:09pm
yep tried that, used about a 1 1/2 foot bar cant get much of a turn TBH.

i wasnt expecting this TBH its on a 03 plate car, ive had M reg pulleys of a doddle!

tried the trick of putting it in gear and braking, the engine is completly back together now it makes any difference smile

cheers for the quick reply
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 7:21pm
i dont mind paying someone if they feel up for it, PM me if you want to have a go smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 8:48pm
Take it to Peter Jones engineering, MG Rover specilists, someone who know's what their doing and has suitable tools for the job, not Poundstretcher special offers.

smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 9:51pm
I ended up with about 3 foot of leverage on a Volvo engine - at least it was a large nut and little chance of the socket splitting, this is the type of reason I gave up doing my own stuff, frightening when you see levers bending.

I've tie-wrapped a crow bar to a socket set lever before now but hose-clips would probably be better, just that I had loads of spare tie-wraps.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 9:56pm
i could rock down to yours tomoz with my arsenal of tools if ya like?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 10:44pm
sanchez if you could do it i would pay, PM me what you'd like if successful smile
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 10:44pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Take it to Peter Jones engineering, MG Rover specilists, someone who know's what their doing and has suitable tools for the job, not Poundstretcher special offers.

smile

i have used my air wrench on it, and a bar. i have the tools wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 10:56pm
Hahaha what a pleb!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 10:58pm
Andy my lil Yorkshire pudding, make sure he gives you the money IN ADVANCE of you doing any work for him - this fooker don't like paying money he owes - not even miserly amounts like £20!!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 10:59pm
matt if you have nothing good to say keep out wink

if YOU have a problem PM me!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 11:03pm
Rhys is still waiting for you to "pop down to Upton" as you said you would.

If you don't like your repuatation tarnished, dont be a scam-artist. The tools you used to do his suspension were poundland's finest, you fooked-up the job and then did a bodge fix, potentially leaving the car unsafe, you put his wheels back on back-to-front, you doubled the fee cos of your mistake, and Rhys still had to pay money to replace the part, and even when you agreed to pay a miserly sum of £20 (considering the part cost Rhys that much after you had charged him £120 to do a bodge job) you did'nt have the balls or decency to actually show up and pay it, and apologise.

Keep on scamming, and we will keep on reminding people of exactly the type of person you are and you amazing lack of skill and ethics.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 11:04pm
And yes, I saw your bodge work first hand, as I had to help Rhys fix the shit you did to his car, and an DIY mechanic would'nt have even left it in the state you did!!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 11:12pm
poundlands finest? i use TENG & draper tools, wanna look in my box?

anyway go price up in garages the cost for the work i did. Autodata states that the time to do front and rear is 6 Hours.
and let me guess a normal garage is around £40 an hour, that makes alot more than what i charged, i tired everything to fix the parts that snapped, we snapped countless bits

i am sorting it out, dont worry it has been some time but i will be intouch with rhys soon, and make it worth it smile

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE SPAM NOW smile

if we have any problmes lets keep it in PM's

Please can we keep this between the parties involoved, IT WILL BE SORTED.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 11:16pm
It will be sorted? What, it's been 6 months already hahaha!

Why quote a job and then change your mind and double the price. And the reason you were having half the problems on Rhys's was because your tools at the time were a load of shit - you might have good ones now, I don't know, but it is off the back of ripping people off, so not anything to be porud of!

Anyway, Andrew is a jolly good friend of mine, I am merely informing him that should you offer to pay him, he should get the payment PRIOR to doing any work for you, as you don't pay what you owe, even if the amount is tiny.

And let's not keep it in PM's - you rip people off, others have a right to know. You may not want this shit being made public, of course not, you want to keep your scamming ways hush hush, but tough luck mate, if you didnt rip people off, you wouldnt have this shit being made public would you?

The fact that you could potentially leave someones car in a dangerous state and think that acceptable, makes you ... imho.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 9th Jan 2010 11:18pm
i will pay defo, if anyone can do it, they will be payed smile

Matt please can we get back to topic,

PM me if needs be and we can chat smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 10th Jan 2010 12:03am
Cheers matt your a good mate too.

Im kind of in the middle here as Rhys (although a cock smile ) is good friend of mine also and if what mat is saying is true, which I do belive to an extent, then I cant really give you any help chris until your clear with Rhys.

I didn't want paying in all honesty I was just going to give a hand and see if we could solve a problem together for some thing fun to do.

So no hard feelings on both sides but I'll have too sit back on this one.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 10th Jan 2010 12:04am
understood andy. it will be resolved, in all fairness i shall b e intouch with him soon.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 10th Jan 2010 3:00pm
Seeming as Matt has gone public, I think it fair to balance the arguement.

Chris has done work for me, no complaints from me, and has always done the work at a cheaper figure than he quoted, which was a already very reasonable rate.

Having used Volvo and Vauxhall main dealers in the past and seen the bodge jobs and lies they generated, Chris has been miles better than them.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 10th Jan 2010 6:49pm
ive sorted it now anyway, did it in the end.

cheers DD smile
Posted By: minimad5 Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 20th Jan 2010 9:33am
Dodgy days
Not into bodging jobs tbh
But sure there are reasons and each to there own.

Did you get the Pulley bolt loose or not ?
I used a nice long torque wrench and have never had a problem undoing any pulley bolt

If you're still stuck i will bring it down sunday.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: k series crankshaft pulley bolt - 20th Jan 2010 9:39am
sorted this ages ago bud wink i used about a 3 foot bar!
ill speak to you sunday.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral