Forums
Posted By: Rossyboy Corsa clutch - 3rd Nov 2009 3:57pm
i've got an 08 reg corsa 1.2, the clutch went on it after about 7000 miles which they fixed (badly, it had to go back 3 times) and now i think it needs another 1 at 11500 which i think is ridiculous. It's not my driving style because this is the 6th vehicle I have driven long term and not one of the others has needed a clutch. Does anyone else think this is unacceptable? and does anyone know where I can complain to? i spoke to the customer service manager when it last went in but his customer service was shocking.

cheers for any help
Posted By: Danny888 Re: Corsa clutch - 3rd Nov 2009 4:18pm
What garage is this?
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Corsa clutch - 3rd Nov 2009 4:19pm
lookers in birkenhead
Posted By: Danny888 Re: Corsa clutch - 3rd Nov 2009 4:21pm
Yikes!

Is your car working now?

Put it all in writing and tell them you want compensation, they must have monkeys working there now
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Corsa clutch - 3rd Nov 2009 4:34pm
ye its working now. first time it went in they said it would be in for 1 day, they didnt ring me to say it would be an extra day, I had to ring them and that took 5 phone calls over 8 hours to get the answer. then when it was ready to pick up it wouldnt go in gear so they had to get it back on the ramp, then there was a knocking sound coming from the gearbox so it had to go back again and they said something was on upside down then when it came out they had to take it back in before giving it to me because they hadnt aligned something properly. shocking! its even shocking that it needed a cluth after only about 7k miles
Posted By: DavidB Re: Corsa clutch - 3rd Nov 2009 6:27pm
Just get them to replace the gearbox, the input shaft is probably shagged. I'd demand a new car.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: Corsa clutch - 4th Nov 2009 12:05pm
can i do that though? like demand that they change the car?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral