Forums
Posted By: DavidB Police with ANPR on Leeds Street in Liverpool. - 21st Oct 2009 12:23pm
There are (count em) 12 police officers on the junction of Leeds Street and Vauxhall Road with a camera pulling criminals over who have not paid their road tax!
good
Sure they will take a few cars of people and have some nice new motors to play with.

Was there any flatbed trucks about??

Sounds like the christmas clamp down is in progress, be drink drving next.
No, there weren't any flatbeds. I walked past the moment a bloke was pulled over. He had a tax disc that ran out 31/08/09. Further down the road, I looked back and he was pulled away.

I agree with the having no insurance thing. But this road tax thing is totally ridiculous.
Originally Posted by Violet
No, there weren't any flatbeds. I walked past the moment a bloke was pulled over. He had a tax disc that ran out 31/08/09. Further down the road, I looked back and he was pulled away.

I agree with the having no insurance thing. But this road tax thing is totally ridiculous.

Except that no tax means your insurance is invalid...

Still, people do forget and most will be allowed to go with a 'produce within 7 days' (and a fine).
No it doesn't. Nor does having no MOT, it just means it's reduced to third party status, maybe. Why would having no tax mean your insurance is invalid?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police with ANPR on Leeds Street in Liverpool. - 21st Oct 2009 8:40pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
good

withthat
Originally Posted by Violet
No it doesn't. Nor does having no MOT, it just means it's reduced to third party status, maybe. Why would having no tax mean your insurance is invalid?
In both instances (VED and MOT) you would be failing to drive in accordance with the law, and you know what insurance companies are like for invalidating claims...

However, it does seem that it may well be down to the individual policy, as several google searches proved fruitless for both sides of the argument.
Without the Road Tax there wouldn't be the money to keep our roads in tip top condition.
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
roads in tip top condition.

raftl raftl

FAIL!
look at hoylake road in the north end. i'm guessing that a half battered tarmac road is good nick for pc plod
Simply put the Police dont do you for no road tax...the DVLA does.
The ANPR team would be looking at everything from vehicles used in crime to vehicles used with no insurance....
dont presume cuz the one person has an out of date tax disc...thats all they were looking at!
And its doesnt make insurance void...it makes it voidable...there is a difference.ie if the insurance dont want to...they DONT have to pay you out!
Never seen that in any of my insurance policies. I do know they can void it on no MOT, thought it'd be like house insurance voidable because you don't pay council tax.
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
roads in tip top condition.

raftl raftl

FAIL!

Got it in one Joe.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral