Forums
Posted By: Davey_Martin looking for an induction kit... - 12th Oct 2009 10:47am
my airbox is a bit dodgy on my astra (clip at the bottom of the box has snapped off somewhere? and there is a small crack in the top of it (not sure if it is effecting anything much) - but altho my car sounds crap anyway, it sounds even worse now... dead horrible raspy sound coming from it?

so instead of buying the standard box again from vx for a stinger of a price im thinking of just replacing it with a k&n or pipercross induction kit.

any recommendations please?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: looking for an induction kit... - 12th Oct 2009 10:55am
Get on Ebay matey - you wont be stuck for choice there raftl

Prolly get a nice polished pipe with filter for less than £50...
Posted By: MGCraig Re: looking for an induction kit... - 12th Oct 2009 11:41am
Yeah, Ebay is a good bet.
Although prices in Halfords arent too different from ebay tbh.

Stick with K&N though, if not just for the piece of mind.
A mate bought one from Halfrauds..halfords own, and it looks a pile of crap raftl

90% chance you wont see any performance gains, but car should sound a little better at least happy
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: looking for an induction kit... - 12th Oct 2009 12:02pm
not after performance tbh... just want it to sound more like a beefier fart rather than the measely little raspberries it makes when u rev it lol
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: looking for an induction kit... - 13th Oct 2009 10:29pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
my airbox is a bit dodgy on my astra (clip at the bottom of the box has snapped off somewhere? and there is a small crack in the top of it (not sure if it is effecting anything much) - but altho my car sounds crap anyway, it sounds even worse now... dead horrible raspy sound coming from it?

so instead of buying the standard box again from vx for a stinger of a price im thinking of just replacing it with a k&n or pipercross induction kit.

any recommendations please?

Havnt seen you on here for a long while, you sold the galant then??
Posted By: DavidB Re: looking for an induction kit... - 14th Oct 2009 1:00pm
Scrapyard job, get the box again and then get the panel filter. I replaced the K&N cone filter with the original one. I've stuck with the standard filter in, it's proven to be better than K&N, and doesn't let grit through.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: looking for an induction kit... - 14th Oct 2009 1:07pm
...and if youre just interested in some noise - drill the airbox raftl
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: looking for an induction kit... - 17th Oct 2009 12:16am
johnny, u r confusing me with another member mate lol...

chewy, i did... got bored the other day took my boredom out on the box, drilled about 30 1cm holes in it.... need a new one anyway so didnt car too much... sounds shit still lol... the racket masks the raspberries tho... still think i'll just buy an induction kit

was just gonna cut the majority of the airbox away and put some kind of heat deflecting material there along with a pipe to feed cold air but i dont see the point in it on a bin lid anyway
© Wirral-Wikiwirral