Forums
Posted By: DavidB Who does head work? - 10th Oct 2009 4:49pm
Looking for a place that does head work, need mine rebuilding with new valves, pulleys and cams. Just want it rebuilt, but do not have the time!
Posted By: spinking Re: Who does head work? - 10th Oct 2009 4:55pm
Hookers
raftl

Cant bloody remember the name of the place now but birkenhead engines do it and Tony who used to work for them does it his place is just over the 4 bridges 1t left off the roundabout but like i said cant remember the name of his place.

Think its merseyside engines not 100% sure
Posted By: DavidB Re: Who does head work? - 10th Oct 2009 5:05pm
Bebington Engines?

What price am I looking at? I'm not getting any performance related stuff, but for the time being I just want the valves replaced, as I can't tell if they're straight or not. wink
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Who does head work? - 10th Oct 2009 7:06pm
Joe said Craig is good at head?

Sorry, couldnt help it.

While its off put some silly cams in with massive eff off valves smile Turn it into a screamer!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Who does head work? - 10th Oct 2009 7:14pm
Birkenhead Engine Centre.

Highly recommended... Good set of lads in there who wont mess you about.

They were the ones we went to about my Alfa (R.I.P)
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Who does head work? - 10th Oct 2009 11:35pm
Originally Posted by MGCraig
Birkenhead Engine Centre.

withthat
Posted By: DavidB Re: Who does head work? - 12th Oct 2009 12:30am
OK, will give them a try. Was thinking about doing this myself, but I simply can not be ar$ed. It takes 15 minutes to change each valve on K-series - feck that.

Dave100e, it's the missus' car, so I have to be careful, I just want to do this and then never look at it until the next thing goes wrong. I hate cars also.
Posted By: SteMars Re: Who does head work? - 19th Jul 2010 8:32pm
Birkenhead Engine Centre build my race heads, bit scruffy around the edges but they know their stuff smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral