Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Next Murciélago gets in shape - 2nd Sep 2009 12:03pm
Lighter Lambo on the way with radical look and stop-start

[Linked Image]

Meet the next ultimate Lambo!

These pictures give us the best look yet at how the raging bull of the future will shape up – and it’s set to eclipse the existing Murciélago in every way.

The car has yet to be given a name, but it’s expected to combine Lamborghini owner Audi’s aluminium spaceframe chassis with a carbon fibre bodyshell.

That will make it much lighter than the Murciélago it replaces – and guarantees stunning performance to go with the incredible looks.

Up front is a pronounced spoiler and fresh headlamps – but designers have reserved the biggest changes for the rear. They have moved the Murciélago’s trademark angular exhaust closer to the ground, while new strip-like LED tail-lights replace the current square units.

Power is expected to come from a 6.0-litre V12 with around 700bhp – that would propel the car from 0-60mph in just over three seconds.

The new Lambo will also be wider and longer, while four-wheel drive ensures it’s firmly planted on the road.

Preliminary prototypes have been spied near Germany’s Nürburgring track, but the car is unlikely to arrive before 2012.

The newcomer will also pave the way for future generations of hybrid Lambos.

It will be the brand’s first car to use efficient technologies such as stop-start and energy regeneration, and is a major step towards bosses’ plans to deliver the first-ever Lamborghini hybrid by 2015.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Next Murciélago gets in shape - 2nd Sep 2009 12:59pm
SEX WEE!!! omg
Posted By: golfvr Re: Next Murciélago gets in shape - 2nd Sep 2009 1:17pm
5x112pcd,,,

the wheels would fit my passat smile but i may need to roll the arches more wink
Posted By: DavidB Re: Next Murciélago gets in shape - 2nd Sep 2009 3:02pm
Ha, a Veyron's piston would fit my engine! Wonder how much they are each?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral