Forums
Posted By: chris_gilly car radio unlocking software - 26th Jul 2009 10:47am
any one know where i can get a half decent bit of kit to unlock locked radios?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: car radio unlocking software - 26th Jul 2009 11:19am
A lot of the cheap CDs on ebay use software available free HERE

If you look at the ebay adverts, some of them kindly list which programs you need eg look at british_deals ebay adverts.

MAKE SURE YOUR ANTI-VIRUS IS UP TO DATE BEFORE DOWNLOADING!!!
Posted By: Wench Re: car radio unlocking software - 26th Jul 2009 11:30am
I take it the days of putting the car stereo in the freezer have long gone think
Posted By: DavidB Re: car radio unlocking software - 26th Jul 2009 11:39am
Does anyone get those working. Tried in the past and had no luck at all.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: car radio unlocking software - 26th Jul 2009 12:08pm
Or don't rob the radio's and you wont have the problem tease
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: car radio unlocking software - 26th Jul 2009 2:27pm
cheers for the help all! just a freind of mines corsa C stero is in safe mode!
Posted By: Brocks Re: car radio unlocking software - 27th Jul 2009 12:02pm
Well if its a VX radio, Theres probably only one option.... A trip to Vauxhall with the car and radio. Vauxhall pair all their electrical items to the car's CPU. You cannot even whip the stereo from one Vx and put it in another. If a part is removed (including an airbag controller for example) it has to be unpaired before removal. If the radio you are talking about is newer than say an 02 plate, you are gonna struggle. You could ask on a Corsa website.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: car radio unlocking software - 27th Jul 2009 12:29pm
yeah its a 53 plate i believe! doh!! can i not do it using some bit of obd2 interface software?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: car radio unlocking software - 27th Jul 2009 1:12pm
Originally Posted by Brocks
A trip to Vauxhall with the car and radio. Vauxhall pair all their electrical items to the car's CPU.

...another way for the "stealers" to draw more cash out of you a few years down the road.. [Linked Image]
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: car radio unlocking software - 27th Jul 2009 1:19pm
argh god damn it! there just making the market sour now with the stupid rubbish there doing to new cars! how long are everyone going to put up with this!
Posted By: Brocks Re: car radio unlocking software - 27th Jul 2009 2:54pm
Right done a little digging on my vectra forum and safe mode APPEARS to be a mode were the radio code is required. If it is the original radio from the car, the owner should have a card with it on. If not he/she may be able to pay vauxhall £25 quid for a new card. (No Promises mind)

Google Tech2 aswell. That is a tool Vx use to program these things. Some garages have started offering this service though they are few and far between. I think there may be one in Crewe.
Posted By: Brocks Re: car radio unlocking software - 27th Jul 2009 2:58pm
Just spotted this:

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69542
Posted By: DavidB Re: car radio unlocking software - 27th Jul 2009 5:29pm
Pressing the AS button when switching on should let you put the code in. Disconnect from battery for 15 minutes to reset if you go over the 10 goes.
These are really easy to get the code from if you have the software. There are a number of forums that will do it from the serial, but it has to be a certain type of brand.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral