Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 12:02pm
They've put these up in the Rock Retail Park.

Lets see how many fines come through think

Attached picture cruisewirralminimeet020609(22).jpg
Attached picture cruisewirralminimeet020609(23).jpg
I've just rang up, after 8pm you can only stay an hour.

So looks like that's it for the rock
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 12:42pm
wtf!! next. no
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 1:03pm
Everyone to Upton !!
But its full of chav wagons.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 1:20pm
So is the rock... unfortunately its something that comes with the cruising territory
Well what about parking to go to macs at say 10pm
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 1:26pm
You are allowed up to an hour of parking after 8pm happy
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 1:32pm
Seacombe ferry carpark??
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 2:16pm
Don't the gates close?

I'm sure something like this will be happening in Upton soon too

thumbsdown
Might be worth a letter to McD's manager, his business is unfairly comprimised being the only business open after 8pm, if it was extended to 3 hours 24/7 it wouldn't be a problem.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 7:07pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Might be worth a letter to McD's manager, his business is unfairly comprimised being the only business open after 8pm, if it was extended to 3 hours 24/7 it wouldn't be a problem.

How did you work that one out? How many people go into Macdonalds and spend 3 hours in there (actually buying and eating food and drink that is). It's fast food establishment, not a youth club/social club.

A big fat ZERO.

Besides which, after 11ish, Maccies is drive thru only, in which case, people have even less reason to linger around for 3 hours.

It's pretty clear why they have done this, and it isnt aimed towards, and will not affect people who just genuinely want to make an evening/night journey to Macdonalds.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 7:12pm
Yeah... those Nobheads on the bikes the other day doing Burnouts etc..

Simple way around it... go there.. then after an hour, drive out the car park and then return for another hour etc etc...

Youll only be using the car park for an hour... but making 3 or 4 visits to it laugh laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 7:13pm
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
Simple way around it... go there.. then after an hour, drive out the car park and then return for another hour etc etc...

It don't work like that im afraid mate, re-read the signage.

wink
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 7:14pm
30 minutes eh...

Simple then... go park on the other side for an hour tease.. aka the Wickes side laugh

Be like musical chairs
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 7:18pm
Or alternatively, explore Wirral a bit more and find more places, since the site is called AutoWirral, not AutoBirkenhead lol.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 7:19pm
Other alternative is the road next to Cammel Lairds, with the parking bay all down the left hand side?
Originally Posted by MattLFC
How did you work that one out?

Nah, but there are quite a few of the meets that don't go to McDs straight away, certainly after one hour sometimes.

Be interseting to know the legal definition of a customer - if you go to PC World and don't buy anything then may not be a customer and therefore may have parked illegally.

The staff parking might be a problem as well!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 7:35pm
Again, how many people reguarly spend 3 hours in PC World? Again, there is no justification to spend 3 hours in Macdonalds - there is a time limit of 1 hour, and if you are visiting to go to Macdonalds, you will go to Macdonalds, not spend 2 hours or so standing around with your mates discussing it.

This is aimed at cruisers, no two ways about it. You may think it dents business, but what Macdonalds may well see, is that the presence of a large amount of cruisers and chavs is actually intimidating to a lot of people and damages trade; for the few people that make their way across to Macdonalds, they may feel that it deters a lot more people from even wanting to bother.

Upton and Birkenhead Maccies have always enjoyed a bit of a war for sales figures and targets etc, and even though Birkenhead has a massively larger catchment and better twilight hour opening times, I suspect that this is not a trait reflected by the customer figures; Upton in comparison to Birkenhead, see's relatively few cruisers/chavs and I bet people (non-chavs and cruisers) in general are a lot more willing and comfortable going to Upton rather than Birkenhead.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 7:50pm
What about the workers, McDonalds is 24hr, surely the night workers will be parked for the entire shift, Im sure that is more than 1hr.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 8:05pm
Not a bad idea that, meet at Wickes instead wink

Maccies is only 2 minute walk away
just take ur plates off as u go in sorted!
I totally see your point about cruisers Matt. It was only about 12 months ago that I was judging every person who loitered in a car park in a modded car, to be an intimidating nob head!

Then I met you guys! raftl

Truth be told, I'm still intimidated when I have no idea who the people are (like a few weeks ago when I turned up at the Rock on a Tuesday and the place was full of total strangers - I mentally shat my load!).

I'm thinking from now on meets, official or unofficial will have to be more imaginative, with a spell in one place and then a visit to a McD's if really necessary. Or we could all organise ourselves by bringing a drink lol

A couple of meets lately have seemed to work well that way.

sorry to butt in
Why don't you turn up at the next pub meet
You could meet in the carpark of the pub and meet other wiki members who don't go to your meets
Posted By: Wheels Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 3rd Jul 2009 9:48pm
Not the end of the world. Go to Wickes for now. Altho I did notice that they also have an ANPR system frown
ahh no way frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 4th Jul 2009 3:17pm
I still think the ferry carpark be good for you guys. Gates are open all night-its usually dead quiet there.
And i can sell you tea and bacon butties at a profit!! Haha
Posted By: DavidB Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 4th Jul 2009 4:20pm
You can stay in the car park. Parking is classified if you leave the car!! Try getting a parking ticket when you're sat in your car!
Originally Posted by Station
You can stay in the car park. Parking is classified if you leave the car!! Try getting a parking ticket when you're sat in your car!
I think that is an urban myth, but as you say, most wardens wont ticket you if you are sitting in the drivers seat.

They can't use the engine running rule these days because some cars stop the engine when you stop..... Volkswagon did this years ago but someone is advertising it as theirs on tv at the moment.

Legal definition ....

"to bring a motor vehicle or a trailer to a stationary position and cause it to wait for any purpose other than that of immediately taking up or setting down persons, goods or luggage"
How about parking in one space for an hour then moving to another space when the hour is up? raftl How do they define 'stay'? We'll figure something out. happy
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 4th Jul 2009 9:55pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
with a spell in one place and then a visit to a McD's

A couple of meets lately have seemed to work well that way.

Thats the way it usually is smile

Originally Posted by derekdwc
Why don't you turn up at the next pub meet

Car park is usually full when bands are playing.

Also, not much light and there no Maccies!

Originally Posted by Wheels
Go to Wickes for now. Altho I did notice that they also have an ANPR system frown

thumbsdown Somewhere else it is then
Its an evening with Barry's at Upton then happy
Bromborough retail park smile they only people that call the police are the staff at Next but if you park by pets at home out the way you're fine. plus you got kfc, asda, maccies, subway, pizza hut and greggs smile
Spotted the cameras at Wickes like Joe (I think) said, there were loads of people parked in there last night that were in the Castle, California, Revolver.

Quite a few people in the Rock as well, someone is going to be coining it in soon.
I dont see why theyre doing it? Yes theres people loitering etc but theyre hardly doing any harm, the shops are closed after all, and maccies would loose a lot of buissness.

If kids are smashing stuff up i would understand but ive never seen it happen there before.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 6th Jul 2009 7:29am
Hacksaw on the pole anyone grin
Or aim a chav in a barrywagon at the pole (like they've been trying to do for weeks).
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 6th Jul 2009 12:54pm
TBH you could always open your boot and then drive in to the car park, and then make sure you parked side on to the camera. Technically you wouldnt be doing anything wrong - you havnt removed / altered your plate etc... think
And you would probably do this wouldn't you...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 6th Jul 2009 12:56pm
...the other alternative being a fine....

Geeeeeeeee, let me think think
I just wonder if they would really bother fining. I wonder if Tesco have actaully got around to fining people yet since they put up their new signs... think
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 6th Jul 2009 12:58pm
Tesco doesnt have infrared, ANPR cameras....
This is true.
How long before Upton do the same?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 6th Jul 2009 1:00pm
...how long before the Chavs smash the cameras raftl
Now there's an idea yes I don't think I'd like my car there when they're throwing rocks that high...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 6th Jul 2009 1:03pm
You might be safe - they might just shoot them... think
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 7th Jul 2009 12:13pm
Rock tonight then? lol
Yeah sure Joe if you'll pay my parking fine grin
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 7th Jul 2009 12:21pm
First its a quid for some chips, then its a fiver for fuel - we aint paying the parking fines though raftl
A fiver for fuel????? omg That's because you drive a tank. Its even painted Tank Grey!

So parking in Wickes is a no-no too?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rock Retal Park may not be used in future?? - 7th Jul 2009 12:27pm
Nooo, Joe was having a whip round for fuel for car his last week wink

Remember, we had £40, but everyone wanted their money back when they realised it was going in the car and not all over him raftl
That's so old and stale now that joke Stu. In fact I think its so off its growing a furry beard. no
few of us will be behind yates at charing cross opposite the fire station as thats where it was before the rock, try and spread the word
© Wirral-Wikiwirral