Forums
Posted By: camaroz Camaro Build Stopped Dead !! - 22nd Jun 2009 5:15pm
Reason:
1. Balancer bolt too short.
2. Need manifold reducer.

And all because it's A/F and not metric.

Help needed...
Anyone know who can lathe a grade 8 bolt 7/16-20 thread and also a pipe fitting (manifold) with an external thread with an internal thread on the other end to accept original fitting.

I have the originals to work from....

Will obviously pay for work. And even let him have a drive of my car when done.

Thanks in advance guys.

Rob
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Camaro Build Stopped Dead !! - 22nd Jun 2009 7:09pm
Their is an really good engineering firm behind the Odeon for 1 off work, top job aswell.

They have changed their name in the past few years, they used to be Scotts Engineering.

here's the directions, maybe even you could get a back hander.

Plantation Road, Bromborough. On the road it is the 2nd left.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Plantation+Rd,+Bromborough,+Wirral,+Merseyside+CH62,+United+Kingdom&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=ftY_SryzFuShjAefsNwf&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1
Posted By: camaroz Re: Camaro Build Stopped Dead !! - 23rd Jun 2009 7:55am
Originally Posted by Philw
Their is an really good engineering firm behind the Odeon for 1 off work, top job aswell.

They have changed their name in the past few years, they used to be Scotts Engineering.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Plantation+Rd,+Bromborough,+Wirral,+Merseyside+CH62,+United+Kingdom&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=ftY_SryzFuShjAefsNwf&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
I will look them up - fingers crossed......
Posted By: camaroz Re: Camaro Build Stopped Dead !! - 25th Jun 2009 6:54pm
Originally Posted by camaroz
Originally Posted by Philw

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
I will look them up - fingers crossed......

Update......
I found TSW Engineers Ltd on Plantation Road. Massive building... I thought they wont bother their time on a one off.........WRONG !
Although they couldn't make it for me (costs would be too much) the guy there called Steve took the parts I had and said he would research for me and find a supplier. Within a few hours he sourced North Wales Control in Deeside, and even gave me a part number.
Called North Wales and spoke to a guy who again was very helpful, (I was half expecting him to say "how many hundred do you want"), he searched his catalogue and put one on order for me (£2.95)for next day delivery... Which I picked up today - and Woo Hoo - fits the manifold perfectly.

So the we have it, two people (no make that three people -cheers Philw for putting me on the right track) that took the time to help the "little guy" with a small item that was causing Big problems...

Who said customer service is dead!!!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Camaro Build Stopped Dead !! - 25th Jun 2009 7:03pm
Glad to hear its sorted thumbsup
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Camaro Build Stopped Dead !! - 25th Jun 2009 7:43pm
No problem, least you got it sorted quick.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral