Forums
Posted By: DavidB Police stop-checks on New Chester Road - 11th Jun 2009 8:29pm
Seen them all day today just before the Shell garage, Chester-bound just outside the tunnel.
Just a warning if your car is 'irregularly unconformating in the eyes of the Home Office', the Police are pulling you over and checking your papers today and tommorow!
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Police stop-checks on New Chester Road - 11th Jun 2009 8:38pm
liverpool and wirral train services have a major exercise tomorrow, you can expect some serious wizzing about from the police and services.
Posted By: Wench Re: Police stop-checks on New Chester Road - 12th Jun 2009 12:20am
Car and paperwork in order, nothing to worry about; if it's not then it's your own fault - simples laugh The people that don't have insurance are the ones that bump everyone elses up, notwithstanding the fact that if they cause an accident, you have to pay again! I'd much rather be pulled over and lose 5 or 10 mins of my day than be hit by an uninsured driver with an unroadworthy car.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Police stop-checks on New Chester Road - 12th Jun 2009 11:32am
I don't think the insurance brokers need an excuse to bump up the price tbh!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police stop-checks on New Chester Road - 12th Jun 2009 8:18pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Car and paperwork in order, nothing to worry about; if it's not then it's your own fault - simples laugh The people that don't have insurance are the ones that bump everyone elses up, notwithstanding the fact that if they cause an accident, you have to pay again! I'd much rather be pulled over and lose 5 or 10 mins of my day than be hit by an uninsured driver with an unroadworthy car.

withthat popcorn
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Police stop-checks on New Chester Road - 13th Jun 2009 2:07pm
Originally Posted by Station
the xxxx are pulling you over and checking your papers today and tommorow!

the xxxxx...wtf??
theres simply no need for that kind of language or behaviour.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Police stop-checks on New Chester Road - 14th Jun 2009 1:39am
Nice one beemer happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police stop-checks on New Chester Road - 14th Jun 2009 9:13am
Although VED is a total rip-off, I have to pay it - and I do on the dot. Likewise I have to pay far too much for insurance (thanks to the great unwashed/uninsured) but I have to cough up. The MOT is the nearest thing to being fairly priced, but I wouldn't call it value for money ie. time WORKED for what you pay.

If I pay MY whack on the nail, then EVERYONE else will ! I have no objection to being stopped for document/vehicle check at anytime. In fact when in the Black Beast, I want to be pulled over - if only to see Mr Plod's jaw hit the deck and asking WHAT is it ?

Anyone with basic observational skills can spot a dodgy vehicle. Usually given away by the occupants. You can bet your bottom dollar that if their numberplate light is out, as sure as eggs they are wanted for multiple mass murder ! (errmmmm.. ??)

In total agreement with Wench, DD & Beemer on this one.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral