Forums
Posted By: MGCraig R.I.P Joe.. - 14th May 2009 2:52pm
Its with great sadness that Im informing everyone of the death of Joe Tandy yesterday.
He was 26.

Joe was one of two people travelling in a BMW when it was involved in a collision with a lorry box van near Bromham shortly after lunchtime. Despite the best efforts of paramedics, he was declared dead at the scene, while the second person travelling in the car was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries.

The lorry driver was taken to South Wing Hospital with minor injuries.

Joe enjoyed success at both National and World Championship level in the Ministox Series before moving into the Mini Se7en Challenge from 2001-03 and the TVR Tuscan Challenge in 2004. Having also secured a role with the Palmersport company run by Jonathan Palmer, Tandy climbed through the ranks from the role of technician up to chief mechanic by the age of 22.

An impressive test at the wheel of a Formula Palmer Audi car at Bedford – which saw him break the lap record held by current IndyCar and ex-F1 racer Justin Wilson – led to Joe contesting the 2005 FPA Championship, with six wins and five further podiums carrying him to the title.

His dedication and love for the sport stretched far beyond driving. He ran his own race team in the British Formula Ford Championship running a team of Mygale Formula Fords this year. First round of this season, his young talented American driver Josef Newgarden secured his first win in the formula at Oulton park, in the 3rd race.

Joe was loved and respected by everyone in the paddock.

Hell be sorely missed by everyone and anyone who had the pleasure of meeting him.

R.I.P Joe frown

[Linked Image]
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: R.I.P Joe.. - 14th May 2009 3:42pm
What is it lately with the death of racing drivers?

R.i.p frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral