Forums
Posted By: golfvr My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 6:53am
I went to fit the ascari's lastnight and the front tyres are too wide frown
there 245x30x20" all around (thought I would get away with that)

Options:-

1. Sell wheels and start again
2. Buy new 225x30 front tyres and run the risk of a tyre fitter stuffin my rims fitting them.
3. Have the arches pulled and rolled (unsure of price)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What ya think?? BEaring in mind Im on a tight budget

Paul
Posted By: Wheels Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 8:11am
option 3! I love em. unlucky tho mate frown
Posted By: StuyMac Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 8:29am
Option 3 depending on price smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 11:18am
yer, thats abit of a Grrr really, not like you can roll the arches either......... sell up and move on bud, That aint gonna be be cheap to sort.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 11:20am
is it the same on the back ?
Posted By: golfvr Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 11:43am
loadsa room at the rear, as its not that low.

front 225 tyres are gunna be £140 each.,plus fitting. But these wheels arnt the strongest and with my car being a daily driver I need some strength in them, hence the bigger tyre.

Dont wanna spend £120 on an arch roll/pull too find they still wont fit.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 11:47am
Hows the clearance on the inside - could you machine somemore offset from the face?

You gotta try and keep them on matey - they look scweeeeet grin

(Nice garage BTW wink )
Posted By: Sanchez Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 1:02pm
can you source rs arches from any were ?, as i really dont think you'll be able to roll and pull yours out enough.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 1:18pm
Its a VW Passat, not an Audi smack
Posted By: Sanchez Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 1:56pm
oh yer lol, oopsy, with the old audi wheels on it i got confused. Hmmm on that note then move on, unless the passat 4motion arches are wider ?
Posted By: spinking Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 7:15pm
Streeeeeeched rubber matey.

Tweeks do arch rolling i'll ask my mate howmuch and if he can get some money off.
Posted By: golfvr Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 30th Jan 2009 9:31pm
they charge £45+vat per arch
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: My New Wheels are too Wide :( ..... Damin - 31st Jan 2009 10:31am
£90-not that bad...to keep those Major Pimp wheels happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral