Forums
Posted By: johnr genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 1:17pm
genral info on cars just add to thread or pm ,i reply soon as poss ford master tech ex mot tester,still very much active wiv cars
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 1:23pm
Why won`t the speedo or rev counter work on my car?

Its a BMW 635 CSi coupe.

think
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 2:47pm
how do i get my old cav to drive like a veyron without dropping it out of a plane or off a cliff ?

have you tried starting the car first ste.....lol
Posted By: MissGuided Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 2:49pm
DO you have a Haynes manual for a 1999 Nissan Micra?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 2:55pm
Originally Posted by phalinmegob
how do i get my old cav to drive like a veyron without dropping it out of a plane or off a cliff ?

have you tried starting the car first ste.....lol

yer lol, it aint worked for years, hence ultra low milage of 14k laugh
Posted By: DavidB Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 5:22pm
Does your ABS work?
Is it cable driven (to the gearbox) or electronic driven?
Posted By: johnr Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 5:51pm
advise checking instrument cluster,suspect rev counter driven from alternator ,speedo be driven via cable or speed sensors on gearbox ,nb if cable driven speedo ,remove cable from gearbox end ,get some one to sit in car, spin end of cable,get person in car to observe if speedo moves or flickers to confirm speedo head and cable intact,if not cable or cluster concern,if speedo flickers,it may be speedo driven in gearbox
Posted By: MGCraig Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 6:16pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
DO you have a Haynes manual for a 1999 Nissan Micra?

Itll be the same Haynes Manual for a 92 - 1999 Micra. Its the K11 shape, readily available from Halfords or online happy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 6:21pm
John, thanks for offering advice, The airbag light on my citreon berlingo van 2003 (facelift) came on the other day for no reason, any ideas ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 28th Jan 2009 6:54pm
it may be due a service sanchez but i`m sure they last ten years before a service.

Cheers john, i`l take a look. happy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 29th Jan 2009 10:39am
Thanks ste, i might have to bite the bullet then and get it done by citreon ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ and more !!
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 29th Jan 2009 12:20pm
John an I work together in the garage

cool thread jonno lad smile
Originally Posted by Sanchez
John, thanks for offering advice, The airbag light on my citreon berlingo van 2003 (facelift) came on the other day for no reason, any ideas ?

has any of the seats been moved right back there are some plugs for air bags under the seat they might of move or unplugged them self's he have use of snap on scanner if needed by you guys ? smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 29th Jan 2009 12:47pm
cheers rob, i'll give it a look !
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 29th Jan 2009 8:58pm
hi guys just got back from a diagnostics course at jim barrow motor factors

lol

you think cars are bad now with the management systems

Just wait to see whats in line for all cars after 2010

all cars will have to have Tyre pressure monitoring systems also all will have electronic handbrakes to this is all part of the new car laws coming into place on new cars

wooooowww

the world going to electronically MAD

good look for the future

ROBBO wink

1 more thing when you change a battery on a new car you will have to tell the E.C.U what battery it is and amps it is or the car will not start

NOTE what a pain in the ass
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 29th Jan 2009 9:47pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Why won`t the speedo or rev counter work on my car?

Its a BMW 635 CSi coupe.

think

The speedo is driven from the rear diff electronically via sensors on these.But it will probably be a faulty cluster if the rev counter is not working as well...
Posted By: Dave100e Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 29th Jan 2009 10:16pm
Originally Posted by Robbo_theMan
hi guys just got back from a diagnostics course at jim barrow motor factors

lol

you think cars are bad now with the management systems

Just wait to see whats in line for all cars after 2010

all cars will have to have Tyre pressure monitoring systems also all will have electronic handbrakes to this is all part of the new car laws coming into place on new cars

wooooowww

the world going to electronically MAD

good look for the future

ROBBO wink

1 more thing when you change a battery on a new car you will have to tell the E.C.U what battery it is and amps it is or the car will not start

NOTE what a pain in the ass

I think its some new BMW that has no dipstick. It tells you on the dash or something what your oil level is and i think its only when theres something wrong that it does anything.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: genral car info just ask me anything - 29th Jan 2009 10:19pm
yerr we have 1 in work u have to look the car up on the autodata

to see how many LTRS of oil it takes then take it 4 a spin then go tho the menu on the car to see if oil is correct

MAD ini wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral