Forums
Posted By: StuyMac The Stig... - 24th Dec 2008 1:49pm
After doing a little search to check this info, it seems that its pretty much common knowledge now... frown

Yesterday I was speaking to a guy who raced at Silverstone in the same 24 hour race Top Gear raced that 330d BMW

He had been "talking" to the Stig on the day, and he is really......

Ben Collins.... grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Stig... - 24th Dec 2008 2:11pm
wow mad thanks for the info happy

Collins has appeared on Top Gear. In 2004, Ben Collins made an appearance during the fourth season of BBC Top Gear, alongside skydiving parachutist Tim Carter. The stunt involved Carter and an aerial cameraman jumping out of a Cessna light aircraft then landing in the open-topped Mercedes car being driven at speed by Collins.

In 2005, the driver featured during series five, driving a Lancer Evo VII and then a Bowler Wildcat vehicle in a rally race against mountain boarding world champion Tom Kirkman.

At the start of series six, Collins appeared with other British Touring Car Championship racing and stunt drivers for a Five-a-side football game using a fleet of Toyota Aygo cars. Collins played in a team captained by Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond. The other drivers were Paul Swift, Tim Harvey and Tom Chilton (blue); playing against James May, Russ Swift, Matt Neal, Dan Eaves and Rob Huff (red).

On a separate occasion, following an accident involving Richard Hammond in September 2006, the Health & Safety Executive report into the event recorded that Collins had "worked closely with Top Gear as a high performance driver and consultant" and had prepared a briefing for Richard Hammond preceding the event
Posted By: dave_g Re: The Stig... - 24th Dec 2008 11:08pm
i'd rather not know who the stig is tbh!if it is ben collins they will get rid if his i.d. has been found out!it's best left a mystery...
Posted By: Wheels Re: The Stig... - 24th Dec 2008 11:09pm
Originally Posted by dave_g
i'd rather not know who the stig is tbh!if it is ben collins they will get rid if his i.d. has been found out!it's best left a mystery...

withthat
Posted By: MGCraig Re: The Stig... - 25th Dec 2008 12:21am
The main stig is Ben Collins, but there have been a brace of others, as Ben collins isnt allowed to drive the F1 cars (specific test drivers do that) plus obviously the ones in America and Africa etc....

Ben collins is a good driver, with a wide range of motorsport experience, and hes also available. A lot of the good race drivers are still racing, and so they wont become the stig due to championship commitments (Testing, qualifying, Racing etc)
As Top Gear records on a Wednesday, a lot of the bigger racing series will already be setting up at the track, including drivers, in preparation for the race weekend. As Ben collins no longer has this commitment, he makes a good stig. Thats why I dont think he'll be replaced any time soon thumbsup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Stig... - 20th Jan 2009 5:18pm
The Stig unmasked: Identity of Top Gear's mystery test driver revealed

[Linked Image]

Top Gear's the Stig has been identified as former racer and stunt man Ben Collins.

[Linked Image]

aliendance top gear's the stig aliendance

nice one stuy happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral