Forums
Posted By: hyundai ecarinsurance.co.uk - are they good? - 10th Dec 2008 10:51pm
http://www.ecarinsurance.co.uk/

are they good? They gave me a cheap quote, which i taken, because it beat almost every other quote i had, but includes legal help unlike some quotes.

anyone with them?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: ecarinsurance.co.uk - are they good? - 11th Dec 2008 10:16am
Yep, they're good.

I've been with them, and pay as you go insurance is best, as you can cancel at the end of any month and can get 1 years no claims in 10 months.

Be wary though, I canceled before I was with them for the 10 months to take my car off the road and when I got my car back on the road after a year, the price doubled, although none of my details had changed, except that I had my licence another year.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: ecarinsurance.co.uk - are they good? - 11th Dec 2008 2:50pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
Be wary though, I canceled before I was with them for the 10 months to take my car off the road and when I got my car back on the road after a year, the price doubled, although none of my details had changed, except that I had my licence another year.

Thats almost a scam; I know they are within their right to charge what they want, but personally, id have kicked up a bit of a fuss about it. They must be regulated by the FSO?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: ecarinsurance.co.uk - are they good? - 11th Dec 2008 3:11pm
By FSO, I assume you mean FOS? If so then I'd assume they would regulate them.

Every other quote I had was only a bit cheaper than what they quoted me, so maybe insurance costs in general became higher?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: ecarinsurance.co.uk - are they good? - 11th Dec 2008 3:23pm
Yeah, FOS lol. Just thinking though, they have little or no justification to increase your premium by 100%, so there will be a case for them to answer.

They can always charge what they want, but they can't take the pi$$ in doing so. No doubt they would find some cheeky little reason for doing so, but you never know.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral