Forums
Posted By: StuyMac The Stig Speaks!! - 2nd Dec 2008 2:00pm
Originally Posted by Pistonheads
Anyone who has been watching Top Gear recently will know that The Stig has developed a fondness of the dulcet tones of Morse code while he drives. Because by Sunday evening we have wound down to an appropriate level that befits staring at fast cars and listening to Jeremy Clarkson we don't normally think about what those beeps actually mean.

The boys over at Jalopnik are far more on the ball however and have enlisted one of America’s leading experts on Morse code to, er, de-code the code. While the Stig tortured the new Lexus IS-F around the Top Gear track we heard two bursts of circles and lines - but what do they mean? Apparently this:

Morse code number 1: ‘Too many gears’. No doubt a reference to what Clarkson had said earlier in the show.

Morse code number 2: ‘I like Mr Sulu.’ A fan of I’m a Celebrity Get me out of Here perhaps?
Posted By: Morseman Re: The Stig Speaks!! - 2nd Dec 2008 3:33pm
Why did they need an "expert"? I could have done it for them.

P.S. It is Morse not Morse code because it is not a code, more a second language.
Posted By: Rhobit Re: The Stig Speaks!! - 2nd Dec 2008 3:35pm
I was just gonna ask if anyone had a translation. Bombing round google at 10pm on sunday and not a sausage.

Cheers for the info!

p.s. Yes I am to lazy to go back through with the book and translate it myself tease Plus I don't have a book anywhere so tease
© Wirral-Wikiwirral