Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 27th Nov 2008 10:48pm
Ford have once again Returned to the BTCC, with a Brace of Ford Focuses, run by Arena Motorsport.

The picture there is from 05/06, as theyve been run in the WTCC championship..but Im sure youll agree the cars themselves are actually quite stunning laugh

Clicky For Picture

Click for Report
Posted By: dave_g Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 12:42pm
used to love the old btcc mondeo's wit the wheels tucked up in the arches,an the cav's an the alfa's an......
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 12:51pm
Proper Old School Touring Cars hahahaha.. The best always.

I think its odd that the Focus has been chosen instead of the Mondeo, as thats the Rallycar. Dont normally get that crossover.

Suppose its got something to do with the fact that theyre not actually factory bcked by Ford. More manufacturers the better though laugh
Posted By: dave_g Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 1:03pm
was'nt it nigel mansell who totally stuffed a mondeo in one of his first drives ?
Posted By: Neston_Vasey Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 1:13pm
Well Tiff Nedel stuffed his Primera into the sid eof Mansell in the Mondeo.
Posted By: dave_g Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 1:14pm
i remember a spectacular crash that destroyed the car completely!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 1:27pm
Yea...first lap I think of Knockhill..in the wet. Complete steering failure at around 120 mph...straight into the barrier.

One your thinking of?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 1:43pm
There was definately that one, in the later Model Mondeos...

But there was also the more famous one in 1995 at Donington where Mansell got sideways..and Needell clipped him into the Bridge at 120mph...knocking him unconscious....
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 1:57pm
I used to love the old volvo estates then later the saloons with Rydell. Although i thought the DC5's looked amazing in touring cars.
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 4:47pm
Is right.

Nice to see Ford getting involved in BTCC again.

I Loved the old BTCC because of the variation. Wasnt there about 10 different manufacturers at one point, each with two cars. Lets hope it happens again eh!

Oh and Tiff Needell is crap.
Posted By: dave_g Re: Ford Return to BTCC !!! - 28th Nov 2008 6:45pm
yeah, i remember the shock when they announced they were usin the estate!i reckon it was better then,think they ran somethin like 19's stuffed right up in the arches looked well good!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral